Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Ah yes I get a permanent version of the first half of that bug every time I log in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

TorakFade posted:

Cross + standard team colors is good, since you can see at a glance if the guy covered in blood running at you is actually a teammate or not, that's the only case when team colors alone won't make it.

Team colors off is cool but frustrating since there's no pattern or anything, totally random and the crosses don't help much in that case.

Yeah, rather than clothes changing colors I would love it if enemies just had a red outline around then, or something. Better yet, just make the enemy team have a yellow outline no matter which side you're on, or something.

I'm extremely bad but gently caress, is this game fun. Hopefully they have long terms plans and keep it alive for a while.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, I tried during the weekend but I can't get the LuteBot to work well, it crashes when I try to switch to the next song.

I kinda love the lute even without the bot. It's hilarious to stick with the group and try to create a battle Melody by clicks and mouse flicks, trying to match the mood. If we're winning I'll play a cheerful song, if the fight is intense I play frantically, and if it's a single dude against 5 of us I try to get a sad song going and then crouch next to their bodies and play a requiem (well... To me).

Sadly this usually results in my teammates killing me. I even carry a sword and a firebomb as to not be entirely useless, come on dudes!

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I've never seen that, but I'm sure if it's as bad as you claim it will be addressed eventually.

Meanwhile I'm having lots of fun yelling and dicking around in Frontline. I think my biggest wish right now for the game would be more and better maps, deathmatch queue, female models and non white skin tones.

I feel like the naps could be so much better and more fun. I'd love to see a full castle siege nap, for instance!

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Avynte posted:

I mean, it's pretty impressive the dexterity with flipping around like a monster in a japanese horror movie, but it sure looks goofy and isn't fun to fight against versus "traditional" dueling movements.

Keep it on the game but make them go dizzy and drop to the floor after a full spin!

Edit: and tell no one and leave it off the patch notes, for an extra fun day.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I actually just switched to full chivalry like control scheme because I like the extra control on which sides I'm swinging from, and I'm frantic during a fight so I can't count on my making the proper mouse movements.

Hybrid seems nice, thought. I didn't know it worked like that!

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I see pleeenty of slurs and racist/Nazi names or profile pictures in the European Frontline servers, myself.

Turn off the chat.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

VulgarandStupid posted:

When are they gonna fix getting stuck in trees?

Just stop taking the "cat" perk.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I know it's only a beta weekend, but I'm surprised there's no Chivalry 2 thread yet. Are goons just not excited about it?

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I was definitely let down with the beta weekend. Instead of chivalry 2 it feels like we're getting a Mordhau competitor, and it isn't better.

Wonder if release will be any different? It's fun, sure, but I doubt it'll manage to keep players for very long, and the focus on bigger servers means the player hemorrhage is going to be all the more damning to the game.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I really liked Chiv 1's first-person view over any other similar game's third person, but now I find myself using third person exclusively, it's just easier to navigate the battlefield when you have peripheral vision, and even in single combat it's way easier to get a feel for the distances. I need to try first person a lot more to see if I get used to it but my performance takes a big hit when I do.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Perestroika posted:

That said, I'm currently in love with the vanguard assassin subclass. The short sword is surprisingly nasty, and the ability to whip out a throwing knife when the victim least expects it is extremely satisfying.

I unlocked it today and it's pretty fun. You can combo a quick couple of slashes with the shortsword before people understand just how fast you are, it's savage.

The secondary dagger is pretty good as well, its Special is a stab that does a lot of damage! If I see people fighting I go around them and stab the guy in the back, fun times. The throwing knives are very versatile as well, it's probably going to be my most played subclass :v:

Hugoon Chavez fucked around with this message at 00:10 on May 29, 2021

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

mdct posted:

I'd honestly prefer a new thread entirely so I can fully unbookmark this one.

I agree with this, a new thread would be nice, game's out next week anyway!

Played a lot of this last night. Did they change anything? Movement seems a bit more fluid now than last beta.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Aw man, For Honor is great, I wish it got a sequel instead of just staying in a weird maintenance mode for its die-hard fans.

That said, I can't throw the head that was just separated from it's body and kill the one that beheaded them in For Honor so Chiv2 is the superior game.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Sword games: War is a series of duels

Looks like horses are confirmed as post-release content!
https://wccftech.com/chivalry-2-qa-devs-on-modding-microtransactions-and-whats-due-after-launch-nvidia-dlss-confirmed/

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Put in 22 hours this weekend, thought that would be it but now I am really tempted to pick chivalry up. Didn't play mordhau or the first chivalry so this is really scratching my M&B warband multiplayer itch. Game feels really good overall, although certain maps seemed pretty stacked one way or the other in my experience, raid on the village in particular seemed heavily stacked in favor of the attacking Mason's, I think in around 10 to 12 times playing that the defender's only one once.

Yeah? Both gold capture objectives can be hard to break a defense in, in my experience, but you really need people aware of the objectives and most of the time they're just rushing somewhere random to either try and kill 6 people themselves or join 5 other teammates attacking a single enemy.

The Roadmap they made public today talks about new modes coming later with a smaller playercount and I'm excited for those! A 10v10or such would be pretty cool, or even a 5v5 arena. The war simulation is great and full of funny moments, but sometimes you can spend a full match without getting a good fight in between throwing rocks at people and getting your head chopped by a Messer that started swinging ten meters to your right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Buschmaki posted:

The javelin skirmisher class is incredibly fun.

Definitely! It's the only archer class that's actually fun because its gameplay usually has you running from group to group to try and surround the enemies fighting and kill them in one shot if they are already a bit injured. Somehow I was actually good at it and I would go on 7-8 killstreaks often and even get lots of commendations, which are either because of great throws or because they're mad, and I consider both of those a win. I just wish the Javelin wasn't so poo poo at melee, but it's understandable.

As far as the archer class goes, bows have their use even if they're kinda boring, and javelin owns, but the crossbow is the worst thing in the game. Such a poo poo weapon for everyone involved! Hits like a truck but if you are actually hitting people more often than not then you're aimbotting or something, and even then you're still spending three-quarters of your time basically idling, as you have to reload and then line up a shot.