Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

raipiers are cool and my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I just grinded a bunch in duel modes and have a sick enough 1v1 rapier now. Started branching out into the Frontline meta with my 3/2/1 3x Firepot Scavenger/Fire Resistant runner, where I madly rush around the map restocking on ammo and try to pick up whatever the gently caress the ashes leave behind. Good way to learn new weapons and draw the ire of ones opponents

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Rocks have no feint option 4/10 game, how am I gonna do the next level conditions without this

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Borsche69 posted:

I just don't know why people seem so determined to do everything but play with the very enjoyable mechanics. Same with career horses, archers, catapults. Is the swordplay really that intimidating? Just play the goddamn game!

Those are all the goddamn game, if you wanna do just swordplay sit in duels 24/7

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

The only reliable way to dodge poo poo is to always have the tip of their weapon on screen, I've found. A lot of times poo poo just isn't dodgable with matrix stuff, and the only way I've found it works is to walk through your opponents and reset with a 180

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

NigelThornberry posted:

Oddly enough I found that dodging in third person is a lot easier than first person, in first person I will frequently see the tip pass my face but still hit me but in third person I can usually tell its a miss.

I felt the same way for a minute, and I do think that switching between the two when practicing is the best way to go about things. First person is easier for me to be hitting windmills though, which is the only way I ever get hits in on Duel servers

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I'm really starting to enjoy playing toolbox in skirmish, half the server gets irrationally pissed off when they have to chase down the engy or bother to equip firepots

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Lowkey pissed that you can't take the peasant weapons without the perk, I'd much rather a club than a quarterstaff for a themed ranger class I wanna build

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

People have so many reactions and feelings about toolbox use in a 1v1 duel

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Borsche69 posted:

This is exactly my sentiment. Everyone is forced to wait before they can continue to enjoy the game. There's no counterplay outside of 'just avoid this area'. Even if you have fireproof, you don't want to walk through it, it just stops you from instantly dying if you touch it.

Firebombs are great for when the engineers start playing fortnite minecraft bullshit, or finishing off destruction objectives. But in that case just increase their structure damage and decrease their person damage.

Smoke bombs smother fire, FYI

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Can you not accel stabs a bit by stepping forward and/or crouching?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I just say "i'm gay" in chat a bunch, which gets a good mix of replies

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

It's only a magic death wand if you don't bother counterplaying it

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

VulgarandStupid posted:

Is not doing anything the same as deliberately recruiting?

Providing a space to gather and radicalize is already doing something, the question is whether one is okay with that in pursuit of the dolla

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

This line

quote:

"As for the title itself, we as a team don’t find it racist or offensive, and considering the thread’s content, we find it even less so. We do understand however that some people may interpret it as being racist or inappropriate if taken out of context."
is what really sold me on it. I'll prolly keep playing but not recommend to others if the devs are really this small-brained (they aren't, it's disengenous PR speak)

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Firepot guys counter engys engys counter normal players normal players counter archers archers counter firepot guys

balanced

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I'm hovering in plat, but I also jacked my dpi to 3600 or thereabouts

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Rapier is a newbie trap tbh, a zwei is a good mix of actually good and easy enough to use with enough mechanical depth to get better on, imo. Personally, I just main halberd.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I just continually post "im gay" in all chat then start dumping on whoever the most vile piece of poo poo starts speaking up while continually taunting them about their ineptitude at actually playing. Makes me feel a bit better about it all.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

That sounds amazing

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

timn posted:

You have useful information, but being mad is only thing you're accomplishing with it. Nobody with a different opinion is going to learn anything from a dude frothing at the mouth with a wall of text. You're not helping make it better like that.

It's the games subforum of somethingawful, nothing of note is being accomplished regardless of tone. gently caress off with this horseshit troll

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

VulgarandStupid posted:

Have we reached the realization that all of recorded history is racist, and that we, in turn, are all subconsciously racist? And that all media is also racist? Or are we still trying to post feel good Facebook stories to pretend we aren’t and argue over the internet who is the most “woke”?”, while actually doing nothing about racism?

no we haven't because modern conceptions of racism don't project back well past the 1600s or so, and absolutely make no sense before then. hth with your continuing meltdown

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

SabinBlitz posted:

I picked this up on summer sale.

I like being a spear guy on a horse. It’s fun.

I cannot fight 1v1 unless it’s against someone that is also a new guy like me. Game is hard. That’s why I just plink with arrows and ride my horses.

you are valid.

New update(s?) were kinda cool, new poo poo to play with and a couple new experimental melee modes. Iunno games alright still and some of the players at least seem to have chilled on being big ol Gamers

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I feel the opposite, patch feels a bit better for me and think I enjoyed the changes. Then again i'm already running in figure eights with a haliberd and doing weird body contortions to dodge and body feint

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

One last thing to add is that you can crouch while swinging for a sort of accel on overheads. Oh and if you hit the ground instead of missing in the air you can keep your stamina and essentially perform an extended feint

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Add 5% if you also look down while doing so

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

new patch same chud problem

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

I admit, I am a 180 spin crouchlord. I set my mouse to 3600dpi for this game and never looked back

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

So its gonna be dead on arrival is my takeaway here

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

eonwe posted:

I gotta be honest, Ive never seen more racism here than I have in most other games, but I play FPS and MMOs so those are already pretty toxic sometimes

the difference is, I think, that those two genres often have a large enough general playerbase to water down the racists/nazis/etc... while mordhau is basically a niche game that caters to them, so they're a larger total %

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

eonwe posted:

I just try to bully them extra hard with my tryhard sweat ballerina dance swordfighting that I honed in duels

This is the other side of the coin and it rules bc these dudes are also incredibly easy to rile up and troll until they get an aneurism