Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I top fragged a few servers for multiple games in a row just stabbing only with the Footman and using his high mobility to engage and disengage. Feels good. I’m a little disappointed that blocking isn’t directional, it’s just hit a button to block everything despite having directional attacks. Also I need to stop trying to hold my blocks, this isn’t warband I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Pls don’t get mad at good players

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

China numba won

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Comrayn posted:

This is always the case in high skill cap games that aren’t just FPS. People who are good seem to be on a mission to crush everyone else and ruin the game for everyone ensuring it dies before any kind of critical mass of people get into it. I don’t get it but there’s always people who just want to feel like the big man playing god mode or whatever. They did at least fix the stupid helicopter overhead smash moves and all that from chivalry right?

What.

Are you some kind of roleplayer or something?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

The player stats section seems a bit lacking. You have kills tracked with no deaths. I have no idea how many battle cries I’m averaging per death or how many roleplayer’s tears I’ve collected. Get your act together!

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Being shirtless will cause a lot of players to fight irrationally against you, recklessly rushing you for what they think will be an easy kill. If you’re good enough you can pull it off but for most players I’d recommend at least light armor.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Sharkopath posted:

I like the little dialogues you can have with the basic voice lines.

Enemy engineer set up a ballista overlooking our point and took aim at me, I managed to zig and zag and get out of the arc and ran up to him but then instead of just attacking did a greeting, pointed at the ballista and said no a bunch, they replied sorry, and then i broke it and ran back down to the point while they ran off.

A small play in 1 act.

Is there a way to inform other players about the upcoming harvesting season?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

eonwe posted:

I honestly cannot consistently chamber anything but stabs and I cannot figure out the timing for the life of me

The people who do it consistently have been playing Mordhau EA for 2 years and however many years of Mount and Blade before that. At the beginning you should really on focus on parrying and stab chambers.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Chambering is good but it’s not a necessarily a free hit. It is, however, awesome when you chamber one enemy but hit another with the actual counter attack.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Made a dedicated Mordhau server for goons, but you can invite all your friends. It's a cleaner set up without 200 channels that you have to individually mute and collapse to scroll down 2 pages to join the voice channel. Join it if you want, or shitpost me if you don't.

https://discord.gg/2RC8UmG

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 5, 2019

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

soy posted:

I think it's just time, I kept tracking my score and stuff to see if it would map at all and so far it doesn't. I think this is to avoid cheating on hosted servers.

Definitely seems like just time, like the the minute or seconds too. We've had like 6 or so guys playing the same Frontlines server in our discord at at time, and all of our gold rewards are extremely close, probably based on time alive or something, despite a pretty big range of scores, KDRs, etc.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

The spear is awesome. It certainly changes things when you can get into a mindset that everything is a stab for the head, but you have a bunch of ways to do it. You have to stab the head though, for it to be worthwhile.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

You could easily tell by their chain mail bikinis

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I’m disappointed that you can’t chamber while unarmed

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I just want to top the scoreboard and type “I’m gay” in chat every 5 minutes

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Wheeee posted:

this game needs saracens and samurai and poo poo

pity about all the chuds in this game

Look at you trying to appropriate other cultures. Perhaps you’ve been the chud all along.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Right now the biggest problem weapons are the rapier and the short spear, especially with a shield they are faster than other weapons that are guaranteed two hit kills on stab by a good margin. The executioner sword is probably a little OP since it does so well against armor and cleaves through enemies constantly but the end result is it’s a 2 hit kill most of the time unless enemies are unarmored.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

If anything archers are probably OP given the nature of the game and map design.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

The biggest issue with horses is the bump range seems much bigger than the model and I think it counts as a full stun so your attack stops too even if you’re bumped for 2 damage. Also none of poor arm stabs do anything extra to the horse or rider, which they probably should. In warband all of the pole arm stabs stopped and reared the horse, which was good. Having to wind up ahead of time is just a symptom of dealing with their mobility.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

timn posted:

Does anyone else struggle with wraparound on shield hit boxes seeming to reach absurdly far around? I've stabbed at people almost directly at their sides and had it bounce off. It's to the point that I've given up on using my weapon while flanking shield users and just kick them instead so my teammates can tear them apart right away instead of wasting more time on the guy.

They have force fields so the physical models are kind of a lie.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I made a messer and shield gladiator build and was top of the front line server I was on. It’s perfectly fine. Using a shield did feel dirty though.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

is it even possible to chamber sword stabs when you're using poo poo like the halberd or morning?

tangibly related but is there a reason to even bring out the slow weapons when parry > attack are not even faster than stab spam recovery for those weapons

Yea, but it's much easier when you have a little bit of space. But... then they just rechamber because the rapier stab is too fast.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Agi builds for life.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

School Nickname posted:

Can you chamber-morph a rapier+shield's stab into a kick, for a quick followup? They're near impossible to break without letting them facehug you so you can get a kick in. I've seen guys with heater shields last ridiculously long vs 5 or more opponents on their own.

Yes but they have to be wearing something like 233 or something heavier than a typical rapier shielded would wear.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Julius CSAR posted:

What's ratio of normal players to "DEUS VULT" nazis in this game like?

This type of game does attract a lot of those, but in general the in game chat is pretty tame.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Had the day off. Did some streaming. Here's a few clips:

https://clips.twitch.tv/FastBusyAlpacaHumbleLife

https://clips.twitch.tv/CloudySpunkyDovePoooound

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I use the default but with underswing unbound since that’s my PTT key. I’m still topping the boards every round this way but I’ve been meaning to try out the hybrid right click for feints and parries.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I only die to ballistas and team catapults.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Build a time machine. Make some friends in the past. Wait until Mordhau is release again. Level up and buy the gear again. Ask your new friends from the past to take a screenshot and send it to you.

I still have no idea what I look like.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Kild posted:

yea they sprint into you, I believe they call it accelerating the swing.

Those are seperate things. Sprinting while swinging does create a sort of lunge which closes distances faster. Acceling is when you turn into your swing, making it hit faster. Turning away so your swing hits later is called a drag.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Glenn Quebec posted:

I wanna play this with goons where are all of you

There are discords in the OP.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

When are they gonna fix getting stuck in trees?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

oldskool posted:

I wouldn't mind losing at Frontline half as much if the majority of my teammates were playing it as Frontline instead of Team Deathmatch with occasional spawn point relocation. :argh:

Is it not?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

The unofficial ones seem to have bad lag spikes or swings. Up until today everything’s been fine but I think I mostly play official servers.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

You just need to not chase the back swingers and stab them or hit them at the end of your range. Now, getting your teammates to stop is another story.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Exec sword stab is perfect this way it is. Once you swing on a person for 80, then you know the stab will kill them or vice versa. The exec sword is much better in general than the war axe, as you're essentially only trading some speed for a lot of reach and that speed can be made up with spacing and footwork.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I made a pure Cav guy. He is 332 with a spear. Got 85 kills in a game using the Cav guy when I saw free horses and my halberd build when I didn’t.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I don’t understand how anyone thinks horses are not effective. Obviously it depends on the map, for example in the map with bridges there’s not a lot of great places to go. However, In camp they are incredible and if you’re smart, avoid spots where the ballista can shoot and destroy the catapult you can go on incredible runs. In regards to the can’t lance fast enough, if you aren’t using the lance, you can just throw up a manual stab. So uh just don’t use the lance, it’s length can actually make it harder to couch someone anyway. Use another pole arm instead. The bardiche is a good choice. I had an 85 kill game with 15 deaths in camp, I don’t think anyone on red team felt I wasn’t effective or wasn’t killing fast enough.

The biggest problem with horses right now is that they seem to bump people for full stuns outside of their hitbox. Also they deal increased damage even while stationary yet receive regular damage at speed, even against pole arms. The bill hook users can usually be avoided or if you change up speed you can easily still couch them. The bill hook is not as good as other polearms damage wise so it’s a bit of a gimmick. It’s not trash tier, but I’d probably pick all of the other polearms before it unless there is a real pesky horseman.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Ristolaz posted:

Its not effective because you never ever play the point or do objectives you just run around killing 1 out of the 20 guys on the map

Dead people can’t cap points and neither can people who spend all of their time running back from spawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Yea I mean you can hear them a mile away, you just have to turn and face them and be ready to throw the stab up early. If you have a short weapon it can be tough but you should at least turn and face them so you can block their attack. A smart horseman will generally go after guys in combat though, but at least you can help end the feeding while running from spawn to the front.