Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I'm here to show DEUS_VULT_420 that yes, the pitchfork is mightier than the sword

also I hope that feature where you can pick up and throw rocks is still in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I need to get a lutebot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_zzJiWJQ08&t=80s

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Having just picked up this game, I enjoy the fact that I can carry three daggers or twelve throwing knives, but am sorely missing the Medieval Warfare terror that is the sling

being able to completely mute chat while I hurt silverware at DEUS_VULT_420 is also a huge plus

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Jade Mage posted:

The trick to enjoying this game is to disable the chat window entirely and only communicate with mute gestures and audio lines

More or less. That and going with dumb gimmick builds like three daggers and going for headshots.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

You can hold out your shield?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Turn chat off, use an incredibly stupid layout like three daggers or two daggers and rocks. I can't see them getting upset, but they sure do act like it!

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I picked up an anvil and stoved someone in the head with it as they were duelling. I have to say that Chivalry 2 feels more geared towards group fights, given the hyper-armor you can gain on riposte, let alone the better movement in general.

Jabbing and tackling is fun, plus it feels good to have the spear's special attack be just standing in place, holding the point out against anyone who runs into you.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

It seems like they are definitely going to go the microtransaction route, so I guess skin and voice support will improve over time, as I would really like a choice on female voices at some point.

That being said, bringing back the quarterstaff and sling sure would be nice . . . could even be a fustibalus since you can melee attack with bows now.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

megane posted:

I vote for starting a new thread but making it a catch-all like this. Just make it mainly about Chiv 2 and then put some brief info on Mordhau and Chiv 1 and For Honor and maybe like M&B in the second post or whatever.

This is good, especially for anyone that's still playing For Honor since that's still getting seasons and all, I think.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Aw man, For Honor is great, I wish it got a sequel instead of just staying in a weird maintenance mode for its die-hard fans.

That said, I can't throw the head that was just separated from it's body and kill the one that beheaded them in For Honor so Chiv2 is the superior game.

It's the only game I can think of that honestly fits UbiSoft's "game as a service" model and isn't just some stupid thing that's just two pieces of DLC paid for in advance. It's from 2017, so maybe soon? I have no idea, I was just thinking of things.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

To be fair, the Messer was also gross in Chivalry 1, but at least it wasn't the Zweihander, which is very conspicuously missing for some reason...

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Jabarto posted:

Chiv 1 messer wasn't gross so much as the literal only thing keeping knights relevant.

Speaking of which, I don't have Epic so I don't know; how is the class balance in Chiv 2? People in this thread keep making GBS threads their pants about it and raving about how dead Mordhau is, but the slow clumsy knights with slow clumsy weapons that needed crazy drags just to survive and teleporting MMA's and stuff were core Chiv 1 mechanics and I don't think I could get into a game that didn't resolve that poo poo.

The spear is so good that I've got gold on it already and have topped some leaderboards doing so. Sniping people over the shoulders works wonderfully and is actually a smart move for a support class. It's great! The charge attack is also great and you can instantly kill an archer if you smack them in the head.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

mdct posted:

Which is really good, for what its worth. People aren't familiar with how to deal with helicoptering around with it yet like always, so it's currently for sure one of the best weapons for fighting groups.
It's much better than Chiv 1's

It's going to get a lot more disgusting when people figure out riposte blocking and how to swing it like the Sword of War.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Jabarto posted:

Well you dorks got me to break my promise of never using Epic Games Store.

Game's fun. I'm trying a footman out and I can't decide if I want to make it a woman for the novelty, or stick with the default male because his "whinge" emote and general attitude is really funny to me.

Why not both? I have an Agathan archer that's a whiny prick and he's funnier than hell. "KILL THEM BEFORE THEY KILL ME!" is an amazing battlecry.