Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's out now. 20-ish gig download.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
The skill ceiling seems insanely high, I played a few rounds and I am getting absolutely obliterated, goddamn.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm guessing their servers are on fire or something because matchmaking never finds me a game. I can join matches through the server browser though.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Started to get the hang of it. Game is fun and brutal as hell, but the best part is doing a sword flourish before a duel :getin:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Shima Honnou posted:

Important question that decides whether I get this, can I go into the 64 player big battles and then just run around with a lute all day providing moral support for my team?

I was just in a huge 64 man TDM server where someone was doing exactly that, with 3 allies surrounding him at all times protecting him lol

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
You can throw your sword pommel at people and it does 1 damage, there had better be an achievement for killing someone with it.

Also occasionally you'll chop an enemy player's arm off but they're not dead, leaving them with nothing to do but limp away until they get thwacked. GOTY

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 29, 2019

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
So apparently they sold 500k copies already, which isn't bad for a tiny team who all work remotely. Well deserved though, game's awesome.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/629760/announcements/detail/1616140423563616612

quote:

It's been one hell of a ride thus far, and it's only been 7 days. None of us would've expected this reception in our wildest dreams.
As of today MORDHAU has sold just shy of 500.000 copies and we have reached a peak of 60.000 concurrent players yesterday. These are just mindblowing numbers to us, and we still haven't fully realized that MORDHAU is currently among the top played games on Steam.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
weenies running around with shield+rapier and stabbing endlessly are so loving annoying. the stab on that thing only has like half a second windup or something