Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I never played Chivalry or the like. Is this game worth trying out for at least the Steam Refund period?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So the teams are red vs blue and there is no way to change this. EXCEPT that people can be covered in red blood! AND there is team damage!

This is a very good design decision!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Despite my earlier griping, this game is really damned fun once you get into a groove and not really much else like I played (For Honor is the closest thing that is similar).

Is it weird that I kind of like playing the preset classes more than creating my own class? So far anyway.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I like they way that regenerating health works in that it does not kick in if you are attacking or running, and even then you need to wait a moment. It really encourages you to know when to fall back.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I do find myself going towards the slow high damage weapons like the Executioners Sword and the Zweihander.

Also, why are there people trying to fist fight me in Frontline? (I haven't tried Battle Royal or Horde. I ought to try them out soon) Throwing weapons build and they are fresh out? Going for the achievement? Weird flex?

EDIT2: What is ur favorite lute song mine is Doom E1M1

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 07:51 on May 13, 2019

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Glenn Quebec posted:

Lol on frontlines me and some dude are fighting hard and we are both hurt but he's getting the best of me. I whiff my swing and am ready for my coup de Grace as load up my next attack too late. Lo and behold an enemy team mate runs up to "help" and swings wildly like a jackass and clips my opponent, staggering him and my maul knocks off both their heads.

He was raging in the chat and I actually felt sympathy.

It is one thing to not check your own shots in a crowd or mistake a blood covered teammate for the opposite team or whatever. And clipping people you did not see next to you on a wide swing? Accidents happen. Running in front of you in the middle of a fight, however, is on them.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
How do you throw your weapon? I want to toss my Zweihander if I could

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Orv posted:

Holding equal or lesser points than the enemy team drains points, increasing with the gap in held objectives. Deaths also decrease points but at no point are you ever prevented from spawning due to points. It's basically just Who Loses, The Number.

I thought it was like the number of respawns that each team is allotted.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Captain Beans posted:

what is the purpose of the game?

as i understand its to spend 90% of your time loving around in the character editor. thus third person is very important to enjoy your style in a match

You could also just move your mouse downward after you die and enjoy looking at your mangled but stylish corpse :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is it just me or is there something incredibly goofy about Chivalry 2, in a good way? Like it is a straight faced parody of grimdark medieval settings?