Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

For the curious: Major James Roosevelt was FDR’s son, and was quite a slimy character.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Weird that they went with him and not Ted Roosevelt Jr (Teddy’s son rather than FDR) who was by all accounts an actual hero

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

I'm not sure I want to know what makes Eddie van Halen rock hard.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Yaldabaoth posted:

I'm not sure I want to know what makes Eddie van Halen rock hard.

you're thinking of Ted Nugent.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

There has to be some sort of connection to Archie comics even if it's just someone ripping them off. I refuse to believe two completely different people came up with a character like Jughead by coincidence.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Yaldabaoth posted:

There has to be some sort of connection to Archie comics even if it's just someone ripping them off. I refuse to believe two completely different people came up with a character like Jughead by coincidence.

It's an early version of Archie from 1945.

This comic has Archie's first appearance. It's from December, 1941:

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

This was turned into an episode of the Adam West Batman series.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Gutter Phoenix posted:

That’s Archie’s boot

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
This is what he (and Betty) looked like in 1941

This was apparently from 1948

Scratch Monkey fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jul 1, 2022

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Snowy posted:

That’s Archie’s boot

Loves Japan and fascism? He's still America's Typical Teenager after all this time.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Archie knowing how to blow isn't Gay anyone can have a penis.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
SWISH!

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Another thing about this cover is the caption makes it look like the boot belongs to the hangman and the superheroes are the criminals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Years back I got a chance to go through a pile of original old movie posters that had been used in a theater and pick out a few for myself

Corrupt came with an 8x10 too

Snowy fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jul 2, 2022