Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

CottonWolf posted:

Yeah. Most of the reviews don't seem to like the fact it's, by design, a hellish survival game.

I'm waiting for the PS4 version, so I can't comment on whether they've actually messed it up or the game's just a very acquired taste.

This is going to be a bitch of a game to review. I played some of it yesterday, I'll be writing it up for Bloody Disgusting, and its opening hour or so is probably the single most surreal experience I've had in a game since Silent Hill 2. The first ten minutes are a flashback level and the next twenty are a nested series of what may or may not be interlocking dream sequences.

I think it's going to end up like Deadly Premonition, where it's got some poo poo you've really got to see regardless of its actual quality. I can also think of nothing that would ruin it quite so much as watching a Let's Play, as the sense of personal isolation and silence is crucial to the experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU