Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
moms honkers grew

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

In society, phone's, are like drug's.

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back
https://giant.gfycat.com/HarshTatteredChinchilla.webm

witchy fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 27, 2019

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Milo and POTUS posted:

moms honkers grew

Breast cancer from the phone.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

font color sea posted:

What about the classic

whoa theyre making an anime adaptation of Heretics of Dune? count me in

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
Why the hell do people hate cellphones and soda so much ?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Because both are very very bad and most people in the younger generations have internalized cellphones completely so they don't even notice it.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iodp5I4nVYk

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
We live in a society

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I wonder if the realization that all of this "phones are bad and youre wasting your life by watching social media all day" art is almost exclusively viewed by millennial scrolling through their social media feeds on their phones is lost on anyone, or if it's something to artist banks on to get the real "gotcha: THIS MEANS U" moment...

Maybe hundreds of years ago painters lazily depicted a bunch of people ignoring their kids or a pretty sunset because they had their nose in a book.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Defenistrator posted:

Why the hell do people hate cellphones and soda so much ?

it's a case of people going for the symptoms instead of addressing why society is sick in the first place

(the disease is capitalism, racism and foolishly giving the women the vote)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Woof Blitzer posted:

We live in a society

hosed up if true.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Woof Blitzer posted:

We live in a society

Maybe you do :smug:

I'm more of a "you're not really living, you're just existing" type.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Artists: Phones are bad and cause you to ignore life as it happens around you

Also artists: *seals self off from society for weeks or months at a time to distill essence of capitalist dystopia into timeless works, ignoring weeks of current events and social gatherings, damaging personal relationships in the process*

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

Hahahahaha music is older than books what the gently caress

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Peanut Butter posted:

Hahahahaha music is older than books what the gently caress

That's live music though not electronic corpse tunes. Live music encourages you to be go out and participate in society or learn a skill.

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back
kids these days would rather tootle a flute or finger a lute instead of getting a good ol' gregorian chant going smh

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Like all of these old timey musicians who were against sound recordings were totally correct. And now we get to listen to trash music from the 50s and 60s sung by long dead men and women, still generating money for their ip owners. It's sickening. It's necromancy.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
IP is bullshit

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

2 B R 0 2 B

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Gasoline Chuggernaut is a pro-tier user name.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Does nobody care about what's important anymore?????

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
liberal arts degrees

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Just pretend I posted goatse.

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

Once, it is said the people of Islamabad invited Mulla Abdul-Razzaq to deliver a speech at Eid. When he got on the pulpit, he found the audience was not very enthusiastic, so he asked, 'Do you know what I am going to say?'

The audience replied 'No', so he announced, 'I have no desire to speak to people who don't even know what I will be talking about,' and he left.

The people felt embarrassed and called him back again the next day. This time when he asked the same question, the people replied 'Yes', So Abdul-Razzaq said, 'Well, since you already know what I am going to say, I won't waste any more of your time', and he left.

Now the people were really perplexed. They decided to try one more time and once again invited the Mulla to speak on the 3rd day of Eid. Once again he asked the same question, 'Do you know what I am going to say?' Now the people were prepared and so half of them answered 'Yes', while the other half replied 'No'.

So Mulla Abdul-Razzaq said, 'In society today, Facebook is like drug's'

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

I have never met a child who did not love being in front of a camera.

Pretend I posted goatse here, too.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

You'd think maybe after you sketched it out and it was obvious that it just looked like a 't' that you'd come up with another composition.

AutumnDDP2
Nov 11, 2018

We all have to think about things sometimes. I guess.

I am a kid. I'm concerned about my parents taking too many pictures of me. I am disturbed for some reason.

Also, even though I look 11-12 I draw pictures that look like they were made by a toddler that my parents are proud of.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

This but MtG players.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

~Coxy posted:

You'd think maybe after you sketched it out and it was obvious that it just looked like a 't' that you'd come up with another composition.

T for... time to get high

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

~Coxy posted:

Oh, I thought it was a t for tumblr.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

teh evil of MUSIC

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Colonel Cancer posted:

Like all of these old timey musicians who were against sound recordings were totally correct. And now we get to listen to trash music from the 50s and 60s sung by long dead men and women, still generating money for their ip owners. It's sickening. It's necromancy.
Sporting events. A live big house band for sporting events would be great, and build local character and do job poo poo for an industry.

Like seriously, if every business that wanted music had to hire someone or someone's to play it live I think I'd prefer it.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

This but incredibly unironically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Cat is no comrade