Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nazca

Lord and Savior of KarmaFleet
I was told if you drank alcohol while taking hydrocodon you would simply pass out and stop breathing.

I took all I had left which is twice the max dose and drank over a bottle of my favorite wine.

I'm just drunk and slightly high and now have to deal with the fact that I tried to kill myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Is this something you're still thinking about? Talk to someone who can guide you through it please. Call 1-800-273-8255.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

I'm not trying to deflect what you're talking about or having you stop talking here if that's what you're wanting.

nazca

Just wanted to complain. Thanks.

Signature lovingly crafted by Jinh.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

That's fine. We all do things that feel lovely sometimes and it sucks.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
not often that I'm glad someone fails at something but here we are op, glad you're still alive and please listen to mr. pepper's advice:

Bo-Pepper posted:

Is this something you're still thinking about? Talk to someone who can guide you through it please. Call 1-800-273-8255.

Bo-Pepper posted:

That's fine. We all do things that feel lovely sometimes and it sucks.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

I like to complain about KIDS TODAY :argh:

Post more complaints

nazca

I always thought people who "attempted suicide" were really just crying for help. I thought it was black and white.

I avoided even a single beer while taking hydrocodon for pain.

Now even having grossly ignored the warning labels, here I am.

It sucks.

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Yo if you need someone to talk to I'm available. I live with chronic pain as well and attempted suicide a couple times a long time ago so we at least have some common ground.

I'm also a loving Eve nerd too so...

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Suicide attempts are very commonly impulsive actions taken sometimes without an obvious cause. Like standing on a cliff and taking that jump we're all scared we'll do.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

nazca posted:

I always thought people who "attempted suicide" were really just crying for help. I thought it was black and white.

I avoided even a single beer while taking hydrocodon for pain.

Now even having grossly ignored the warning labels, here I am.

It sucks.

lots of things sucks but getting another chance to live isn't one of them. you don;t have to answer but i'm curious why you want out so badly and is there anything anyone here can do to help you make things better?

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

It's not something you should punish yourself over but it is absolutely something you should talk with someone about.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Bo-Pepper posted:

It's not something you should punish yourself over but it is absolutely something you should talk with someone about.

nazca

Not really.

Just living in a dark cloud of inescapable abyss of depression and pain.

I do love Eve. One of the few things that does make me happy.

Spider Man

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You the man OP. Gonna smoke a blunt in honor of you still being around.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

The people I have known who have completed suicide have always always left the world poorer for having left it. I know the weight of depression and the cloud it brings over your life, but please remember that. And complain all you want. Sometimes poo poo sucks. It's okay to say that out loud.

Punk da Bundo

by FactsAreUseless
plz don’t kill your self

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

City of Glompton

:agreed:

i wish you well op. i'm glad you're here posting with us.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

I hope me being earnest about this isn't cheesy OP but I'm super earnest about this stuff.

nazca

Pulcinella di Bund posted:

plz don’t kill your self

Don't worry I hosed it up.

I've just kind of went up a grade in the high school of major depressive disorder.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Do you have people you talk with about these issues? Not just some doctor who throws pain pills at you. Someone who is an actual therapist?

Punk da Bundo

by FactsAreUseless

nazca posted:

Don't worry I hosed it up.

I've just kind of went up a grade in the high school of major depressive disorder.

I think you should call somebody you trust who can check on you or stay the night with you .

----------------

nazca

Bo-Pepper posted:

Do you have people you talk with about these issues? Not just some doctor who throws pain pills at you. Someone who is an actual therapist?

Not really. I'm afraid to talk to any one about it who isn't behind the thin veil of Internet anonymity.

I don't want to get 5150'd

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

This is why I wold hope that at some point you may call that number I put up top. It's anonymous. There's people on the other end that can point you to resources near you that won't just be some hack looking at you like a hot potato to throw in a ward for a few days. Trying to be tough and white knuckling your depression is simply not the way to go.

Punk da Bundo

by FactsAreUseless
I never tried to kill my self but I did call the line a few times because my anxiety was unbearable and they helped calm me down . they are very chill people .

you’ll feel better if you talk to a real voice

----------------

nazca

Bo-Pepper posted:

This is why I wold hope that at some point you may call that number I put up top. It's anonymous. There's people on the other end that can point you to resources near you that won't just be some hack looking at you like a hot potato to throw in a ward for a few days. Trying to be tough and white knuckling your depression is simply not the way to go.

I called a number like that before. There was a wait list of over an hour. I then found an email address that was kind of the same thing. Response time was like 24 hours and each response was from a different person.

It was like dealing with tech support.

Punk da Bundo

by FactsAreUseless
the suicide hotline never had a wait time ....that would defeat the purpose ..

----------------

nazca

Pulcinella di Bund posted:

the suicide hotline never had a wait time ....that would defeat the purpose ..

I was surprised as well. But in the end if they have a high amount of callers that they aren't staffed to handle, what are they to do?

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
duck note: please don't discourage people from seeking help

nazca

Resting Lich Face posted:

The hotlines are a joke tbh. Waste of time.

I think so too.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

The support hotline is best thought of as a bridge to something more durable and closer to you. My best advice would be to be aware of the easy impulse to short circuit support efforts by assuming ahead of time they won't be helpful.

Resting Lich Face

random internet people are unironically better than the hotline by a long way.

nazca

Bo-Pepper posted:

The support hotline is best thought of as a bridge to something more durable and closer to you. My best advice would be to be aware of the easy impulse to short circuit support efforts by assuming ahead of time they won't be helpful.

I just think they're designed to keep you talking, simply to give you something to do and pre occupy you. That's not what I need.

To be fair, I don't know what I need.

nazca fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Apr 26, 2019

Stoner Sloth

Glad you're still around op - hope you take Bo-peppers advice, it is good and wise.

Even if there is a wait time on the phone line it might be worth a shot - at this point anything that can potentially help might be?

Not like you'll lose anything or that it's the only way if it doesn't work out.

Anyways I hope things get better for you soon mate, sending you chill and positive vibes from down here at the arse end of the earth.

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Resting Lich Face

nazca posted:

I just thing they're designed to keep you talking, simply to give you something to do and pre occupy you. That's not what I need.

Probably antidepressants. See your doctor.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Random internet people can be useful in the moment if you're lucky to have a good roll of the dice but nothing replaces a real therapist who is properly empathetic and learns who you are.

Resting Lich Face

Therapists are often clueless compared to someone who has had the same experiences. They're probably great for people with common problems but if you've got anything uncommon they're useless.

nazca

Resting Lich Face posted:

Probably antidepressants. See your doctor.

It's more complicated then that. I'm afraid of being thrown in a padded room.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

nazca posted:

I just thing they're designed to keep you talking, simply to give you something to do and pre occupy you. That's not what I need.

They absolutely are designed to keep you talking. You're not wrong there. Because research has shown time and again that if you can keep a person talking and move them away from the moment and the impulsive thought that their chances of completing suicide drops precipitously.

I believe you need someone who knows who you are that you trust that can hear what you have to say. I could be wrong. Maybe there's something in your life that will keep you moving forward. At the end of the day I am a random internet person. But I feel as strongly as I feel about almost anything that you would be helped by sitting down with someone.

Bo-Pepper fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Apr 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nazca

I have a friend who has one of those mental professions.

I texted her.