Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoner Sloth

nazca posted:

I have a friend who has one of those mental professions.

I texted her.

That sounds like a positive step, hope she can help.

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Resting Lich Face posted:

Therapists are often clueless compared to someone who has had the same experiences. They're probably great for people with common problems but if you've got anything uncommon they're useless.

I disagree. But I will say that there are certainly bad therapists out there. Like anyone taking on the services of a professional it is entirely appropriate to shop around and find someone that fits you and your needs.

Bo-Pepper fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Apr 26, 2019

vanisher

Bo-Pepper posted:

I disagree. But I will say that there are certainly bad therapists out there. Like anyone taking on the services of a professional it is entirely appropriate to shop around and find someone that fits you and your needs.

A+

I had some big issues about a year ago and ended up talking to three different people. A couples therapist, a traditional therapist, and a psychiatrist (for prescription stuff). I really connected with the psychiatrist but less so the other two.

Anyway glad you posted here nazca, hope you can talk to someone soon

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

nazca

Lord and Savior of KarmaFleet

nazca posted:

I have a friend who has one of those mental professions.

I texted her.

No reply yet. Probably sleeping.

Signature lovingly crafted by Jinh.

Stoner Sloth

nazca posted:

In the meantime perhaps some self care type stuff might help... I'm just throwing out ideas here but if there's anything that makes you feel good or cheers you up - perhaps comfort food or pictures of cute animals or things like that?

And for what it's worth if you need to vent or anything then I and from the sounds of it quite a few other people would be happy to let you.

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Surely you must have some Eve spreadsheets that need editing

nazca

Bo-Pepper posted:

Surely you must have some Eve spreadsheets that need editing

No. There is however a paladin pilot im in the process of figuring out how to bait and destroy

Stoner Sloth

If you feel up to it a bit of exercise can help some people sometimes - even just something simple like taking a brisk walk... hmm... what else, there are some pretty awesome comedy threads (well apart from my posts in them obviously) around if a laugh and not taking things seriously might make you feel a little better about things?

Not trying to sound dismissive with any of this - it sounds like you're going through some seriously rough things just sometimes when I'm feeling lovely stuff like that can help me at least distract myself from more negative ways of thinking.

nazca

https://zkillboard.com/kill/76397331/

Here's a kill mail with the pally pilot

FactsAreUseless

nazca posted:

There are suicide help lines that would be happy to keep you on the line until your friend responds. You could also try getting away from your home (and thus away from your chosen methods of self-harm) by going to a public place that's still open, like a grocery store or something. Supposedly most suicidal episodes pass in less than half an hour. If you're still intoxicated there are probably help lines for that, too.

Some links from Google:

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
https://www.linesforlife.org/get-help-now/

I genuinely don't know anything about them but the latter has a drug and alcohol specific line.

edit: I know help lines have already come up in the thread but I have no other resources to point you to, this is just what I've been sent when people have talked about suicide on the forums.

nazca

FactsAreUseless posted:

There are suicide help lines that would be happy to keep you on the line until your friend responds. You could also try getting away from your home (and thus away from your chosen methods of self-harm) by going to a public place that's still open, like a grocery store or something. Supposedly most suicidal episodes pass in less than half an hour. If you're still intoxicated there are probably help lines for that, too.

Some links from Google:

I genuinely don't know anything about them but the latter has a drug and alcohol specific line.

edit: I know help lines have already come up in the thread but I have no other resources to point you to, this is just what I've been sent when people have talked about suicide on the forums.

The Google suggestion is the one I called before. Probably why it has a wait time tbh

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

FactsAreUseless posted:

Some links from Google:

this is all extremely good advice.

i won't talk openly about my own stuff much but: i live with extreme chronic pain, a complex diagnosis and a lot of messed-up sadbrains stuff. i am a big fan, when i am in that spiral, of going and doing something like walking around the grocery store or sitting in a diner and watching people and drinking coffee. it's usually late at night when it hits, and that really helps--just seeing other humans, and being in a place where i can't do anything to myself.

i would still recommend calling someone--lines for life really does have a good drug/alcohol outreach program. they won't call the police on you, they can't get you 5150'd and it's anonymous. if you're in northern california, stanford hospital and ucsf also have programs for outreach that can help. they won't hold you against your will if you call anonymously.

please talk to someone. hell, i'll talk to you. i get it. just please stay safe, and when this passes, please find someone you can trust to talk to, like your friend, about options to maybe find some more help without being thrown in lockup. you deserve to live.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

I'm going to bed OP. I expect an update tomorrow.

Stoner Sloth

nazca posted:

The Google suggestion is the one I called before. Probably why it has a wait time tbh

Probably true... might be worth googling for more local resources like hotlines specific to your area and/or nearby ones?

e: found this if you're in California (I'm only guessing from the 5150 thing you mentioned)

http://www.suicide.org/hotlines/california-suicide-hotlines.html

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Apr 26, 2019

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

there's also an online chat option for the lifeline called lifeline chat, available here: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/

please contact them. i don't know you, but i get it. and i want you to have a chance.

nazca

I didn't realize 5150 was a California thing. Yes I'm in California, very good observation.

My friend texted me back. I just told her I wanted some help but I'd talk to her about it later..

I texted a few others. Although i haven't admitted to them what prompted my texts, I now have 3 people in my living room.

I have a guy on the couch telling a humorous story and 2 women dying each other's hair while bullshitting with us

Stoner Sloth

also not sure if this helps but:

hope this little fella brings at little bit of cheer to what sounds like a rough day nazca, stay safe :glomp:

nazca

Here's a view

Here's a view https://imgur.com/gallery/ZlJsyRG

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Hey OP, I am glad you didn't!

Life is rough. Depression is complicated. It's different for everyone and no single cure. (That being said, get some SLEEP - as lack of sleep is known to cause depression!)

This isn't really gonna be a super helpful post or anything - but I want to let you know, from someone whom has worked with mental health - that things do indeed improve over time, it's just very hard to see when you are in the middle of a dark dark cloud.

Much love, and BYOB always welcomes you. :)

<3 <3 Vanisher

Stoner Sloth

nazca posted:

I didn't realize 5150 was a California thing. Yes I'm in California, very good observation.

My friend texted me back. I just told her I wanted some help but I'd talk to her about it later..

I texted a few others. Although i haven't admitted to them what prompted my texts, I now have 3 people in my living room.

I have a guy on the couch telling a humorous story and 2 women dying each other's hair while bullshitting with us

glad you have some people there with you OP! sorry for some reason I missed this post - so much for my observational skills lol - but yeah I only realized that cause I didn't know what a 5150 was and had to google it.

Uxzuigal posted:

Hey OP, I am glad you didn't!

Life is rough. Depression is complicated. It's different for everyone and no single cure. (That being said, get some SLEEP - as lack of sleep is known to cause depression!)

This isn't really gonna be a super helpful post or anything - but I want to let you know, from someone whom has worked with mental health - that things do indeed improve over time, it's just very hard to see when you are in the middle of a dark dark cloud.

Much love, and BYOB always welcomes you. :)

All of this is true - can absolutely vouch for the sleep thing personally too. It can be hard to notice how much it effects how you perceive and feel about literally everything - I'm not depressed per se but due to extreme insomnia I can get the symptoms and they literally disappear over night once I'm finally able to get at least a few hours shut eye.

Goons Are Gifts

Don't intoxicate yourself to death, it's horrible and not peaceful at all. The symptoms you get are brutal and you never just pass out.

Luckily, it also often doesn't work. Your body didn't want to stop living and thus you survived. Don't ignore him, get help and find a way out of that hole.

Also, as most things have already been said before, please go see a doctor. Not just about you trying to kill yourself (which is priority 1 here), but also to get your blood checked asap. An overdose Hydrocodone combined with alcohol can seriously damage your liver and kidneys and throw you over a longer term of a few weeks into a terrible cycle of health issues.

Stay safe. Eve cannot afford to lose another player, neither does Mittens.

XA Shere

nazca posted:

I was told if you drank alcohol while taking hydrocodon you would simply pass out and stop breathing.

I took all I had left which is twice the max dose and drank over a bottle of my favorite wine.

I'm just drunk and slightly high and now have to deal with the fact that I tried to kill myself.

You deserve to live a life that is unencumbered by these things. Remember to treat yourself kindly, and seek professional help if you can. There's no shame in that. It's hard, but it's better to talk about it rather than let it fester. You can do this!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

FluffieDuckie

hey guys i was asleep when this went down last night. most of you were great and i appreciate you :love:

but i want to emphasize that if someone is in crisis it's incredibly dangerous to discourage them from getting help. i tried to message the person who did that here, but they aren't receiving emails so i have to talk about it here.

we love our posters and don't want to lose any of them, so please for the love of god don't tell someone to not seek help

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

alnilam

nazca posted:

Sounds to me like proof that there are people in the world who want you around.

Please seek some help. From what i understand it's much much harder than you think to get involuntarily committed.

the unabonger

alnilam posted:

Sounds to me like proof that there are people in the world who want you around.

Please seek some help. From what i understand it's much much harder than you think to get involuntarily committed.

for 5150's it can vary depending on your jurisdiction tbh

edit: The danger to self and danger to others is pretty strict, but the "person is gravely disabled" can definitely be interepreted differently in different jurisdictions.

the unabonger fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Apr 26, 2019

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Bo-Pepper posted:

I'm going to bed OP. I expect an update tomorrow.

Still waiting on that update. At the very least let me know how you plan to destroy that paladin ship.

alnilam

op what's a paladin ship, for someone who doesn't eve

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

alnilam posted:

op what's a paladin ship, for someone who doesn't eve

A Paladin is a particular type of battleship in Eve. Hard to kill and expensive. To go into any more detail gets really really complicated and requires lots of tangential explanations because Eve.

Goons Are Gifts

Pff, Amarr.

nazca

Bo-Pepper posted:

Still waiting on that update. At the very least let me know how you plan to destroy that paladin ship.

It isn't fully thought out. I know he tackles with a different character who usually flys a tech 3 cruiser. Often, the tech 3 cruiser is enough to solo whatever it is he tackles, but he holds tackle with the t3 and warps the paladin in at range generating a kill mail with the paladin.

Would need to bait the t3 and have multiple interceptors ready to enter the system to achieve tackle on the paladin.

He has 4 energy neutralizers on the paladin, so one interceptor won't be enough as he'll simply nuet it then warp off while laughing.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

nazca posted:

It isn't fully thought out. I know he tackles with a different character who usually flys a tech 3 cruiser. Often, the tech 3 cruiser is enough to solo whatever it is he tackles, but he holds tackle with the t3 and warps the paladin in at range generating a kill mail with the paladin.

Would need to bait the t3 and have multiple interceptors ready to enter the system to achieve tackle on the paladin.

He has 4 energy neutralizers on the paladin, so one interceptor won't be enough as he'll simply nuet it then warp off while laughing.

:psyduck:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I sincerely hope the OP is doing better. I'm going to share something that I don't think I've ever shared here. A few years ago I was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy. At the time, my hands and feet were completely paralyzed and I was barely able to swallow. I was sure my life was over. As time went on, my mobility returned, but never to where I was before the initial flare-up. I have medications to take and physical therapy exercises that help, but I am in near-constant pain. I can't take opioids as they render me more or less immobile during a flare-up. As an artist, this was unbearably devastating. My wife at the time was disappointed that her husband had ended up disabled and became increasingly bitter until we divorced.This was almost certainly the lowest point in my life. I don't think I could have gotten through it without help, specifically psychiatric help. As devastating as the physical symptoms were, they were nothing compared to the unconquerable emptiness that took over my mind. I used my illness as a excuse to isolate myself. I gave up on everything in my life and all I wanted to do was cease to exist. With medication and therapy I was able to find a way to continue making art with my disability and if anything have uncovered a depth to draw from that has made me even better than before. My life now is extremely rich and fulfilling. Please consider getting help, OP. It saved my life and I'm sure it can save yours as well.

FluffieDuckie

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I sincerely hope the OP is doing better. I'm going to share something that I don't think I've ever shared here. A few years ago I was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy. At the time, my hands and feet were completely paralyzed and I was barely able to swallow. I was sure my life was over. As time went on, my mobility returned, but never to where I was before the initial flare-up. I have medications to take and physical therapy exercises that help, but I am in near-constant pain. I can't take opioids as they render me more or less immobile during a flare-up. As an artist, this was unbearably devastating. My wife at the time was disappointed that her husband had ended up disabled and became increasingly bitter until we divorced.This was almost certainly the lowest point in my life. I don't think I could have gotten through it without help, specifically psychiatric help. As devastating as the physical symptoms were, they were nothing compared to the unconquerable emptiness that took over my mind. I used my illness as a excuse to isolate myself. I gave up on everything in my life and all I wanted to do was cease to exist. With medication and therapy I was able to find a way to continue making art with my disability and if anything have uncovered a depth to draw from that has made me even better than before. My life now is extremely rich and fulfilling. Please consider getting help, OP. It saved my life and I'm sure it can save yours as well.

:glomp:

Thank you for sharing. I hear so many stories from people who have come back from the brink.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Stoner Sloth

Thank you for sharing this. Also I think your art is amazing and have really enjoyed all of it that I've seen so far!

Hi OP, hope you're doing okay. If you want to talk more either here or in the bad vibes exorcism thread then BYOB is here for you! Also feel free to PM me anytime, if that would help.
Also Eve sounds complex as hell but you make it sound pretty cool :)

cda

by Hand Knit

Holy poo poo, dude. You are a loving champ. Knowing this makes the art you posted before even more impressive, and it was already very impressive.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Manifisto

this is really brave of you to share, and loving wow

and op let me join in the positive wishes, hope you're hanging in there

vanisher

Manifisto posted:

this is really brave of you to share, and loving wow

and op let me join in the positive wishes, hope you're hanging in there

emptyquoting isn't quite enough.

This makes my issues and problems seem small, thanks for sharing GJG

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm really glad you're still with us, OP. I will play internet spreadsheets with you any time.

GSJG, I'm really glad you're still here too. Chronic illness sucks big donkey donks (hEDS I here with vascular EDS issues) but I'm glad you've found a way to get your mobility back and draw on it for your art. I appreciate you. :love:

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

OP your paladin enemy sounds a fun problem to solve. I hope you get the fancy pants jerk.

And GSJG thank you for sharing that. I'm glad you found your way through it. In a way you got your own personal fancy pants jerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

drat

:gbsmith:

i'm glad you've made it through but i'm sorry you had to go through that. just want to echo what others have said here and add that i'm always in awe of your art and envious of the beauty you're capable of creating.