Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
youtube used to have a "block this channel from recommendations" but they even got rid of that lol

gently caress youtube, is what im saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

doctorfrog posted:

History and ignore mangling did nothing to keep sugar jonny out of my kid's videos, so we got rid of YouTube entirely. The control is an illusion and you'll always be urged toward clickbait.
What is "sugar jonny"

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

FactsAreUseless posted:

What is "sugar jonny"

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sugar%20jonny
Cheap pap that won't go away when the algorithm figures you're a kid.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

Who's that ratfaced mra Nazi on YouTube? I got him recommended after watching the Bill and Ted 3 announcement. It actually told me that when I blocked ratboy's video.

Algorithms support facism AND noisy thumbnails.

Are you talking about reviewbrah from report of the week? Listen i know the guy looks like a rat but that doesnt make him a nazi hes just reviewing the latest taco bell food items.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
If you need to straight up hypnotize a group of toddlers so you can go take a poo poo or something without them breaking their necks on stairs, that Johhny Johnny Yes Papa Chu Chu TV stuff is purestrain gold.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

If the YouTube video has a person's name in the title and you watch more than 10 seconds of it you best believe your recommended videos will be full of videos about that person for the next two weeks

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
3 Blue 1 Brown is extremly good. Especially his PDE video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly4S0oi3Yz8

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
Is there really no way of hiding recommended videos? I've been using an add-on that hides comments for years now, surely we can block more of the UI

oh poo poo here it is: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/df-tube-distraction-free/mjdepdfccjgcndkmemponafgioodelna

gonna try this out when I get home

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Geemer posted:

From experience of completely erasing my entire youtube history twice in the last month it doesn't help at all. Not even one bit. Actually makes things worse since the few channels it finally realized I didn't want to see (before I started blacklisting poo poo) were back again.
great. i dont know why youre telling me about that. instead of doing that try doing the thing i recommended

you want a history to help it generate recommendations in the first place. thats an additive part of the process along with your subscriptions and playlists. the not interested feature is only a subtractive part

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

My recommendations are full of kitten videos and the collapse of the Roman Republic. I'd say it's working fine.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I always watch those stupid horrible watchmojo top ten videos before bed because youtube won't stop recommending them to me and I am a weak piece of poo poo. I hate them but I watch at least one almost every loving night.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I'm in a good place with my youtube recommendations. It just tries to get me to watch things like Can You Melt Obsidian and Cast a Sword? or like What Went Wrong with Street Fighter 2 on the C64? probably because I just watch benevolent gamer videos like LGR and 1000 degree knife episodes

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Shibawanko posted:

Street Fighter 2 on the C64
oh god they didnt. they couldnt have

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

veni veni veni posted:

I always watch those stupid horrible watchmojo top ten videos before bed because youtube won't stop recommending them to me and I am a weak piece of poo poo. I hate them but I watch at least one almost every loving night.

I have never watched one and have no intentions of watching one ever.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

doctorfrog posted:

About halfway down I saw a video that was on how to install a hidden kill switch in your car. That's sorta interesting.

Why would you ever need a hidden kill switch in your car.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

AF posted:

Is there really no way of hiding recommended videos? I've been using an add-on that hides comments for years now, surely we can block more of the UI

oh poo poo here it is: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/df-tube-distraction-free/mjdepdfccjgcndkmemponafgioodelna

gonna try this out when I get home

wat kind of autism do you have that you need to block recommendations?

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Pontificating rear end posted:

It's endless trash bro, I'm tired of seeing that poo poo

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Lambert posted:

It's 1978 and you don't want someone stealing your van.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I guess now we know that Sebmojo's av is from a "best brutal Dubstep mix" Youtube video lol.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Lambert posted:

When mad max hijacks my war rig....

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

witchy posted:

ALL HAIL the ALGORITHM

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Savage For The Winjun posted:

Are you talking about reviewbrah from report of the week? Listen i know the guy looks like a rat but that doesnt make him a nazi hes just reviewing the latest taco bell food items.

No, I'm talking about the open and literal Nazi who whines about women not dating him. He's usually exposing his chest and he has a super pasty concave ribcage. I don't remember his name and I'll be damned if I'm looking up fascist youtubers on purpose just to find out what it is.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Pontificating rear end posted:

Normal person: *sees Jordan Peterson video* Hmm, not interested in this. I'll just not click it, maybe find a video I know I like. Or maybe I'll go to a specific channel. I can search for something I find interesting. Ah, maybe I'll put down youtube and go do something else.

Goon: *sees Jordan Peterson video* *has meltdown on "private" 10-dollar forum*

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Twelve Batmans posted:

Normal person: *sees Jordan Peterson video* Hmm, not interested in this. I'll just not click it, maybe find a video I know I like. Or maybe I'll go to a specific channel. I can search for something I find interesting. Ah, maybe I'll put down youtube and go do something else.

I can totally see the point in having less algorithmic ad-noise trying to compete for your attention in your life. I haven't blocked this, but maybe I should.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Twelve Batmans posted:

Twelve Batmans: *shits*

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

EorayMel posted:

I have never watched one and have no intentions of watching one ever.

What are your top ten reasons for not watching watchmojo top ten videos?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
My guilty pleasures are Real Life Lore and Half as Interesting. They’re sorta mainstream clickbaity but genuinely interesting and a nice springboard onto other video topics. I listen to them the most when I’m working.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I only watch videos where a guy rants into a self-facing camera while sitting in his car/truck.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I basically just watch hour-long compilations of synthwave music, and even then Youtube manages to gently caress it up by randomly pausing the video after 20-50 minutes, adding a popup "Video paused. Do you want to keep watching?". So I have to tab back into youtube and click "Yes", which is also the only option.

Very good feature, love clicking "yes" :thumbsup:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I only watch videos where a guy rants into a self-facing camera while sitting in his car/truck.

wafflethief
Jun 2, 2013
Because there's no originality. They all copy each other and are only interested in the ad revenue.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

here's my youtube recommended videos op

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
i have like 8 yt accounts i use for separate purposes so I'm not posting my rec lists sry

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't watched every video on YouTube so I'm not sure about that statistic OP

But very nearly every video I do watch on YouTube that was made for YouTube is utterly terrible garbage, so that may be part of the problem

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
ben shapiro sucks cum facts straight from truth cocks with liberals in the splash zone

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Ben Shapiro MASSACRES my cock and BALLS with FISTS and instruments

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
These are the worst Chuck Tingle books I've ever seen

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Watch Ben Shapiro POZ a liberal snowflake's NEG hole with TRUTH AND LOGIC

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
because there's so many nazis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Is anybody still getting the 'wtf happened to this movie' videos?

I was watching the greatest TV show never made and one of those dumb videos about superman 2 came up again.