Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I've always run all my smaller stuff on alkylate gas, it seems a lot more stable than regular pump gas and apparently it's much better for emissions as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So my dad is abroad until the end of December, and I promised him to look at his snowblower so it was ready for snow season. It's a McCulloch that he bought brand new, but the oil was apparently chocolate milkshake-ish (I have no idea how old it is, a guesstimate would be "a couple of years").

First off, the manual simply won't give me an oil capacity, it just says "fill it until the dipstick shows full, be careful not to overfill it". That seemed incredibly unscientific to me so I spent several hours on the internet trying to chase down a number, no dice. So I'm like "ok, ill empty it and see how much comes out". Out comes 0,4 liters, so I put 0,4 liters in and it doesn't show up on the stick at all. I've dumped the whole liter I had bought in it now and it still won't show on the dipstick.

Gonna start over on Tuesday and see if I can figure this out.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The fill on dipstick thing is still making me grumpy thinking about it, but I guess that's how it is. I *think* there's a Briggs & Stratton on there, but I was too pissed/stressed/whatever to check for an engine code, will look tomorrow.

At least there have never been any fueling problems, I'm glad he runs it exclusively on alkylate gas.