Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

I could use some help win a no spark issue on a old homelite chainsaw.

https://youtu.be/BpBpjiYONFA?t=395

It is pretty much the same as this one in the vid. When I go to spin the engine over I get no spark, I have tried re gapping the coil and nothing.

One thing of note is that I have no side plate at the moment. (It and its screws were lost, along with the pull cord.) the sideplate is where the on off switch was and if I remember right only had one wire going to the switch from the coil, go I guess it grounds or cuts off the ground? I have tried running a wire from the switch wire would go on the coil to ground and n and nothing. Plug should be good, It used to start on the first pull and now no spark, coil packs like this really dont go bad as far as I thought . I pulled it and cleaned it and gapped it with a chunk of a cigarette pack. What am I missing? Do I need to short the wire to the switch to somewhere? I am turning the engine over with a drill on the flywheel and nothing.Pleas help, I love this little saw and have had it for years. I have no intention of using it with out a sideplate, I just want to get a spark so I can have a starting point to get it running. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU