Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013
Would this be a suitable place to ask about a 50cc scooter?

A friend of mine has asked if I can give him a hand to get a scooter running again. Its a Suzuki SJ50QT. I believe its a 2 Stroke but it has been sitting for 10 years. Its got less than 1000kms on it so should be in decent nick I thought.
Today we pulled all the front fairings off so we could remove the ignition barrel to get a new key cut. Located and ordered a replacement battery. Checked the spark plug, little dirty/oily but not worn at all. But found the spark plug lead broken, it seems to be a one piece unit with the coil. Unless I can graft a new lead onto it, will have to find one.

Next plan is sort the coil
Fit new battery
Once we have key, we can unlock the seat and strip all the plastic off the rear
drain the fuel tank
Try to start it
Replace oil?
Hoon
???
PROFIT?

Any advice of parts or hoses/seals that will need to be replaced? Im gussing the carb will need some tinkering?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU