Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

slidebite posted:

Does such a thing exist to retrofit a hand recoil starter to a hex head of some sort so you could use a power driver to do it?

Absolutely. Project Farm on YouTube does it with a corded drill all the time. https://youtu.be/BPdz6BMj8EA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Captain McAllister posted:

Any good places out there to cross reference a Canadian market Craftsman snowblower?

Model # is C459-52786-0. It's a 9hp, 26" tracked unit. Tecumseh motor.

My Google-fu isn't finding anything, I know Craftsman stuff was most likely made by MTD but I'm not having any luck.

I always use https://www.searspartsdirect.com for Craftsman stuff. They got exploded views and parts lists for Craftsman and other brands, even for my Whirlpool dryer from the 70s.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
What would cause a push mower to start, then immediately die? If I prime it properly, it starts and immediately sputters out. I did notice that the primer button is slow to refill.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Oh for Pete sakes. My pull cord just started breaking. I hate mowers.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

slidebite posted:

I've often thought of putting a hex drive on this and using my impact driver to start it. How insane of an idea is that? Not sure the best way to go about it.

Project Farm on YouTube does that ALL the time on YouTube for all of his engine product tests, although I think he uses a corded drill.

Been there replacing a pull cord. The hardest part is getting the spring wound back correctly. It helps to count the number of turns of the pulley once you're inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

NotNut posted:

Nevermind, I figured it out. But now I'm wondering where to find my engine's model number. It's usually stamped into the metal somewhere right? Do I need to take the shroud off to see it?

Is it a Briggs and Stratton? Mine was under the plastic on the front.