Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I'm seeing parts on eBay? Other than that, hit up your local Husqvarna dealer, especially if they've been in business a while. Might have NOS stuff gathering dust, or possibly junk engines they kept for parts.

Or they could point you to a shop locally that has a small engine "junkyard".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

slidebite posted:

How often are you changing oil/filters/plugs in your lawnmowers?

I have an old walmart special more I bought back in 1999 when we bought our first house. Powered by a B&S Classic 3.5HP and I literally cannot kill it.

I don't drain the gas in the winter, park it outside (sheltered under deck), changed the oil literally 2x in 20 years, blow out the filter in the spring and that's it. Starts first pull every spring, 2 pulls at most. Original plug.

I would really like to have a new Honda but god drat, this old thing is tough as nails. If it were automotive it would be a 300 L6 ford or something.

That's why it's a classic.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

When you initially serviced it and used oil you had "on the shelf" was it something that had been opened for some time, where it could possibly be contaminated with condensation?