Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

I'm about to replace the blades, spindle assemblies, blade pulleys, and belt on a Craftsman 42" deck. Would it be easiest to assemble the blades, spindles, and pulleys on the bench and then install the whole assembly to the deck, or is there a different order of assembly that would make my life easier?

Also, in lieu of a pressure washer or access to a car wash with a pressure washer, what is the easiest way to clean the underside of the deck which hasn't been cleaned in years? I scraped the bulk of the gunk out, but would like to clean it down to the bare metal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU