Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

10 Beers posted:

Why did they put an apostrophe in front of the word "gi?"

Technically it's a 'karategi' or a 'dogi.' Just saying 'gi' is like saying 'clothes.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

TheCenturion posted:

Technically it's a 'karategi' or a 'dogi.' Just saying 'gi' is like saying 'clothes.'

Huh, interesting. Done martial arts for years and always just heard "gi."

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Robobot posted:

Anything that keeps Jackie Chan on film the better. I’ve always liked him and he seems like a pretty swell guy. Also he’s old and can probably still do flips. That’s pretty drat cool.
He disowned his daughter for being a lesbian.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Huh. Oh well, can’t win ‘em all.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

Apparently the Cobra Kai teaming is behind the movie as well, so I highly doubt it'll be entirely divorced from the rest of the Karate Kid canon.

No they're not.
https://www.cbr.com/cobra-kai-jon-hurwitz-not-involved-karate-kid-movie/

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Robobot posted:

Huh. Oh well, can’t win ‘em all.

There was also the thing where he had to become a public stooge for the CCP and condemn the Hong Kong democracy protests because his son got caught smoking the devil's lettuce and it was the only way to keep him from getting the Jack Ma treatment.

This is at least more understandable than throwing your daughter under the bus because no one wants to be ground under the heel of an authoritarian regime, but he's definitely got some blemishes on his record.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Well that was a fast turnaround I guess :shrug:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Uuuuuugh.

If they just pretend the events of the show never loving happened, I'm gonna' be really cheesed off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
If we're lucky we'll get a throwaway line about how busy he's been cleaning up the Valley.