Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Robobot posted:

Stingray sucks. He adds nothing to the plot or story. They could have had Terry get rid of Kreese some other way.

My guess is Kreese will have a Darth Vader style heel turn and Silver will go to jail for the assault at the end.

Stinkray does suck, but that's always been the point of the character. He adds to the meta narrative about nostalgia. Every adult in the show is dealing with a history of trauma, and they're trying to guide the children around them away from the same traumatic life, but in doing so they're inflicting new trauma on the kids around them... and then here's an adult audience insert who thinks the trauma is cool as gently caress.

I love the character of Kreese, because his motivation is noble (to guide kids away from being used and hurt the way he was), he just can't heal himself. I think Terry is right that Kreese's weakness is Johnny, not because he has simple paternal feeling towards him, but because Kreese knows he used and hurt Johnny the same way he was used and hurt.

Also Terry's to rich and powerful to go to jail, he's going to get roundhouse kicked off a cliff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I think you have to look at Kreese's motivation, even as far back as starting Cobra Kai, as him trying to prevent kids from experiencing the trauma he's gone through. The kids he focuses on are the ones who would fall into the life path he followed; Johnny, Tory, and kind of Robbie.

Terry is right about Johnny being his weakness, because instead of preventing the same trauma, Kreese instead caused that trauma for Jonny. I think, in his twisted way, he saw Robbie as an atonement for his treatment of Johnny, but Robbie isn't exactly Johnny, and Daniel had too much influence...

But now he has Tory. Kreese is still motivated to prevent his trauma through teaching Cobra Kai, but I at think the end of the tournament, telling Tory not to cheat her way, was him learning from his treatment of Johnny. He's built up Tory, but maybe he won't tear her down, like he's done before.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Except Terry. Terry just wants money from those franchises.

e: I should re watch, just to see if that motivation can be read all the way through. He made it seem like he was trying to live up to Kreese, but I think he actually realized the financial potential of karate schools, and manipulated Kreese into thinking he was dependant on Kreese.

killer crane fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jan 8, 2022

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Seems like a bribery scandal might bring down the all valley tournament for good.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

lol, can't wait to find out that mr miyagi bribed the judge to let daniel win.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

why else call an illegal kick to the face as a point. obvious cheating. whole system is corrupt. retroactively give johnny his win.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

She will show up on a video call. Like Wesley Snipes's cameo on What We Do In the Shadows.

e: part or the international vampiric karate council.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Too bad William Zabka would not work as Booster Gold, cause that two actors do have chemistry.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

The larussos would move to Texas.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Karate can fix anything

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

The closest I can think of is Riverdale. They're both absolutely sincere attempts at something inherently silly.

The next closest is high drama soaps, but I'm not familiar enough with soaps to say if any have as silly of a premise.

Maybe old goons just aren't familiar with all these teen soaps. Maybe it's exactly like pretty little liars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I feel like Miguel's father's storyline is unresolved, so I'm going to assume Kreese and Kim meet up with him in Mexico, and recruit his teenage cage fighters for the sekai taikai under the cobra kai name.