Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'm only 3 episodes into the latest season and I have no idea how this show can be so goddamn cheesy but be so goddamn good as it weaves poo poo from all three Karate Kid movies into this compelling narrative and...

It defies logic and I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This show continues to exceed all expectations because goddamn that was a great season.

Gaius Marius posted:

Look I know it's been years since the original films came out, and i understand that they feel the need to "do their own thing" but the sheer level of loving disrespect shown by the creators of the franchise to the original movies, and the art of karate itself is absolutely disgusting. When I'm watching a series I don't expect to get jerked around and betrayed in the final stretch because some dipshit director decided they needed to make a loving political statement. There's a time and place for that, and that time and place sure isn't the loving all valley tournament. The last thing I need to be seeing in the last few episodes is loving blue mats

:five:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

next season they're going to bust out that Forbidden Technique that daniel was telling his lovely son to stop touching and johnny's going to vaporize terry with a hadouken

Forbidden Technique unlocks the Dark Hadou within Johnny and we'll get Violent Johnny in Season 4.

Also Miguel comes back from Mexico wearing a lucha mask.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

If Johnny is like Kreese's son, then Tory is definitely his daughter.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Rewatched KK1 a few nights ago and it's funny how Johnny Lawrence hands the winning trophy to LaRusso at the end of the movie with tears in his eyes and says "You're alright, LaRusso. You're the best." Seemingly ok with the outcome.

JUST WAIT 30 YEARS, JOHNNY.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 12, 2022

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

When is Dre Parker (Jaden Smith) going to show up?

post Google edit: NEVERMIND, GUESS THAT'S A NEVER.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 25, 2022

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

What's you find?

slashfilm posted:

I saw Jon on Twitter say that the Jaden Smith movie is a different universe. Have you ruled out that one day, maybe in season 7 or 8, Dre Parker and Mr. Han come back from China?

Hurwitz: Yes, we've ruled that out completely. Jackie Chan is mentioned in season 1 of the show as a human, so I think in our world, Jackie Chan is an actor and a performer. If the characters on our show have seen a movie called The Karate Kid, they've seen that one. 

Read More: https://www.slashfilm.com/578819/cobra-kai-creators-interview-season-3/?utm_campaign=clip

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

But they should bring in Hilary Swank.

Welp...

Ralph Macchio posted:

Anyone who knew Mr. Miyagi and interacted with Mr. Miyagi is canon for the ‘Cobra Kai’ show.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

HasbrownJuliePierceCobraKaiS5

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Finished the latest season last night after stalling on the final 4 episodes for like close to a month.

Highlights:

-Chozen bringing sais to a nightclub.

-The NO MERCY MOTHERFUCKER bait and switch LaRusso did to Kreese in prison with the lawyer phone number. :perfect:

-Tyron Woodley getting his hand sliced by the missed swing by Silver Goon #4 and then kicked in the face and knocked out cold by Dad Power Johnny :discourse:

-Penis Breath swapping sides because he was tired of getting called Penis Breath and then immediately being called Penis Breath. That's what you get, Penis Breath.

-LaRusso using the Quicksilver Method against Silver and then finishing him with the crane kick. It was pretty much everything I was hoping for in their climactic fight all season.

This show from S1 to now has no right being this good. The way it's woven characters and events from all 3 Karate Kid movies into this series is masterful and I can't believe I just typed that.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Sep 27, 2022

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

ruddiger posted:

Chucky’s doing a pretty good job with this model as well.

Along this line, when it was on the Ash vs Evil Dead series sorta did too now that I think about it.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Robobot posted:

She was one of the better actors of the original kids and I think she was in last season for an episode or two. She said they moved away because she was getting into karate fights, which seems like a reasonable writing excuse to have her not on the show much anymore.

Having her character shitcanned after being one of the standouts is probably my main biggest gripe with Cobra Kai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I predict I'll be in the minority when I say that I think it would have been cooler if it was Aisha in that role instead of Tory, but Peyton List gets a lot of love.