Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Spoilers: not using tags so just don't read if you really don't want to know.

And more in the GoT parallel, we had hapless Demitri(a character I actually like despite his being annoying) besting Hawk in the last episode which just wasn't believable to me. Yeah the seeds were clearly planted for this happening, but they got there way way too quickly without a proper progression. That shoulda been a season away. Didn't feel "earned" to use the term everyone seems to be going with recently. Hawk loses too much.

All in all it was still an enjoyable season but not to the extent s1 was. Too much focus on love lives. Did there have to be romance between Johnny and Miguel's mother? Felt like maybe 6 or 7 eps worth of material stretched to 10. Also for all the hype I don't think they did enough with Kreese, but I guess he'll still be around next season, which I'm still very interested in seeing.

Some annoying misunderstandings and reactions. Daniel throws out his whole relationship with robby over some dumb thing? "I gave you a second chance"--nothing even really happened! Also the dojo turning on Johnny like that at the end wasn't believable to me. Also events of e10 I think should have VERY serious consequences. That big of a brawl during school ending with that bad of an injury? I'd think there would be a major community backlash against karate. So many kids were involved in and got hurt in that fight.

I was never a big fan of the movies(only familiar with the first one really) so I don't have any real requests for what to see in the future.

Oh also--didn't enjoy the weird 30-something socializing with the highschoolers. Don't see what he brought to the show and wouldn't mind them just pretending he never existed next season.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU