Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Aisha's actor was not involved in s3 at all and getting her for that one scene seems like a bit of a coup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Yeah but the landlord stuff could easily be interpreted (at least it was by me) as him helping her because she was an important fighter in his dojo, rather than fundamentally out of kindness.

Kreese isn't emotionally capable of recognizing a distinction between transactional and sincere relationships.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I don't think this show's tone can handle child death, even in a final season.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Miguel's dad turns out to be a Salamanca and we enter the Breaking Bad universe.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

This show rules. Love Johnny's Zenkai Boost.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

The anime analogy is apt, and that not-terrible arcade fighting game literally turned Kreese into Akuma.

The better comparison in my mind is pro wrestling, though. Especially with the kids constantly switching alliances and perpetually moving between Heels and Faces seemingly every other episode.

Pro wrestling is just anime to begin with.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

Terry and Kim's squad of 80s mid-card villain backup dancer senseis was the best. It's something that's incredibly stupid, but by the time they all start punching and kicking, you're just into it and down for whatever madness they want to whip out next.

I saw someone describe Cobra Kai as basically a Power Rangers show without any super powers, and now I just can't unsee it. It's factually correct.

E: https://old.reddit.com/r/cobrakai/comments/usuay8/characters_as_power_rangers/

Oh Cobra Kai is fully Tokusatsu. They pulled Robbie straight out of the Jason David Frank clone pile, and there's tons of Kamen Rider style homoerotic tension

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

people who like "Cobra Kai" should watch "Kamen Rider Hibiki"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The first three seasons were produced for YouTube TV and the first two aired on it, so they don't count.