Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It amazes me in this LA universe absolutely zero people are shooting for takedowns and there are exactly zero police.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roach Warehouse posted:

Dimitri is either the best or worse character in any scene he's in. E.g. Worst: "I hate learning karate and painting fences." Best: The Moon's house comedy roast of Hawk.

First of the Aut Star.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose Oquendo posted:

So how much money do you think it would take to Elizabeth Shue to show up for an episode in season 3?

I'd love to see the cringe from both Johnny and Daniel when she shows up.

William Zabka getting interviewed by a crocodile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ESwnuIqpzs

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moriatti posted:

Yeah, it's a lot of tropes but I feel like it tied it's self to the tropes instead of doing something interesting, which isn't how Season 1 was.

Edit: also Kreese may not actually be a Vateran, there were a lot of hints he was lying not only about his recent military activity, but since we know he's entirely attempting to manipulate Johnny, it's possible that he never actually served with the active forces.

I was going to say that the other day, i kept thinking about it when i was watching it

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

iamsosmrt posted:

Has anyone here actually taken karate classes? I've never done it, but I'm just curious how deep the classes and lessons tend to seep into people's lives. I mean it's clearly more important than life itself in Cobra Kai, but even in the original Karate Kid, it felt more like karate was more of a side component of Daniel learning life from Miyagi.

Also, I wonder if Daniel will take any responsibility for Miyagi-do breaking Miguel's entire backside, or if he's just going to pass it off as evil Cobra-kai blood tainting his lessons.

My grandfather learned karate and Judo in Japan after the war, he became a black belt in both and a national judge in Judo in Australia. Two of his kids were champions here. One of them was for sure the Cobra Kai type, he's a twat.

He told me in Japan it was very much live and breath the training.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

iamsosmrt posted:

Wait, your uncle is John Kreese and his dad is Daniel-San?

Better yet, my uncle is (probably was) a horse breaker and rodeo rider and professional drinker in Northern Australia. the scurge of many a pub.

I didn't meet any of them until i was over 16, i grew up in England.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Often Abbreviated posted:

You can see how this works with Amanda too - she's obviously the down-to-earth, pragmatic brains of the relationship and he's the hot babe they put on the posters.

Which is ironic, because she's the smoke show of the relationship too.