Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

precision posted:

Actors often voluntarily change their name to avoid that but it's not enforced by SAG or anything afaik

I'd honestly be kind of surprised if this was a SAG production in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Anonymous Zebra posted:

It will really depend on what they can pay her. A lot of actors have hard rates they need to be paid that they can't budge on "just for fun" without compromising their earnings in the future. This is why Orson Welles literally had a movie planned for Jack Nicholson that would have been great with Nicholson being all in on being in it, but Welles didn't have the budget to pay Nicholson his current rates at the time. Nicholson was basically like, "I've spent a decade getting my rates this high, and if I do your movie below those rates it's going to be years to get this high again." So even though he was willing to do it for dirt cheap, his agents and other ancillary people were like, "Nope."

i mean, realistically speaking this seems kind of dumb, because in the Nicholson example, the obvious response to other people wanting him to work dirt cheap after Welles would be "I did that for Orson Welles and you're not Orson Welles"

e: in a situation like Cobra Kai things might be a little different because nobody involved with Cobra Kai is a legendary talent who more or less invented modern cinema, but that particular example seems kind of insane to me, because Orson Welles was not an unknown quantity then and making a special case for him would have likely been reasonable as such