Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

So many of these problems would be solved if these people would talk to each other instead of immediately ghosting/punching. Daniel in particular is too hung up on the past to effectively communicate in any situation that can even be loosely tied back to Johnny.

The kids I get, they're dumb teenagers, but Daniel's gotta move on, man. He became a successful car dealer with a good looking wife, while Johnny is drunk all day on coors banquet and estranged from his son. Daniel already won. Stop being so angry and ready to fight all the time.

I thought the scene in season 1 where they got drunk at the bar would've been them turning the corner but neither that nor the pretty funny restaurant scene seems to have done anything for daniel.

Also hawk what the hell man, how did his brain get so broken? His friendship/now rivalry with Demetri is so messed up. He went crazy with arrogance like immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Isn't tank Abbott also the guy who won by ko then mocked his opponent by mimicking the seizure he was having on the ground?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Dawgstar posted:

See also Goodridge comma Gary.

Counterpoint: Bob sapp

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The thing I didn't like in season one was that after a year (if that) of training these kids are ready to win the tournament.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I'm starting to get the impression that the karate obsession is in fact bad for the valley

season was great

the two young kids with the glasses are hilarious together

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jan 2, 2021

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Don't they have a town meeting about how ridiculous all of this is?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Very excited to spend jan 1 on the couch watching this

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Season 4 was good. A lot of ambiguous motivation going on

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Larusso knocks out/injures like 5 players after a hockey game and everyone is cool with it. The rules are different in the valley.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I was thinking more a bystander or something, but apparently everyone is living that "no be there" lifestyle

Best line of the season is Johnny dropping that while casually eating a pretzel

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Spacebump posted:

when Carrie Underwood showed up, I thought she was going to sing a karate themed Sunday night football parody song.

It was what i was expecting too, but what it was was so much worse

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Robobot posted:

Stingray sucks. He adds nothing to the plot or story. They could have had Terry get rid of Kreese some other way.

My guess is Kreese will have a Darth Vader style heel turn and Silver will go to jail for the assault at the end.

Kreese seemed like he was half a step from a face turn when he said to let tory do what she wanted in the final fight. Though that may have been him realising he was losing his control over cobra kai to silver

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Gaius Marius posted:

Look I know it's been years since the original films came out, and i understand that they feel the need to "do their own thing" but the sheer level of loving disrespect shown by the creators of the franchise to the original movies, and the art of karate itself is absolutely disgusting. When I'm watching a series I don't expect to get jerked around and betrayed in the final stretch because some dipshit director decided they needed to make a loving political statement. There's a time and place for that, and that time and place sure isn't the loving all valley tournament. The last thing I need to be seeing in the last few episodes is loving blue mats

Excellent

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Miguel's dad will move to the valley to try and support his son, see the insanity that is the karate based economy and team up with Daniel's wife to put and end to all of it

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Weird season that was still way better than the kid karate show should ever be. Wasn't a huge fan of the extra senseis, they were a pretty big letdown.

I know it's based on his inability to let anything go but when Daniel fell for Silver's trap at the auction he was the dumbest man on the planet.

I'm a little surprised at the end when everyone immediately stops to watch the video, then the kids toss their cobra kai stuff immediately after the fight. I liked that Kenny at least said he wasn't ready to talk about it yet, but I don't see a dickhead like Kyler changing. Or the heel turn from Mitch being easily forgiven

Not sure where they're going for next season

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

BiggerBoat posted:

Same. That was a little abrupt and in this day and age I'd expect a bit of "fake news", "deep fake", "selectively edited" along with a not insubstantial CObra Kai kids who would be INTO IT - or at least a little unsure what to make of it figuring maybe he had his reasons or something.

Kids these days, a screen comes on and their attention snaps straight to it and they believe everything they see.

:corsair:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Flesnolk posted:

I know they can't just get rid of the character but I am so thoroughly sick of Daniel it isn't funny, it would be nice if he could spend half of S6 offscreen or something

Yeah he sucks. Always arrogant and flying off the handle

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

ram dass in hell posted:

this will insantly become my favorite show of all time if this happens and everyone's furious and like, the LaRussos are washing their groceries and poo poo and getting vaccinated and Johnny is wearing a cloth mask on his chin and poo poo. well karate tournament is cancelled because 15 days to stop the spread. huh. well let's see if the senseis are able to get their unemployment claims processed

I would love if they went the other way where johnny realises he needs to get vaccinated despite not understanding any of it because the baby is going to be there and he was so used to sitting around at home anyway, whereas daniel can't handle being told to stay home and goes crazy anti vaxx. Mostly because i don't like daniel as a character anymore

just go full crazy with the show

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Seems like it would be more likely that Silver would come back instead of Kreese. Kreese just escaped jail, only way he'd come back is if he's somehow ended up at the tournament in Japan.

Silver on the other hand is going to have big money lawyers and likely able to buy his way out of jail, really what crimes did he actually commit, buying off a Karate judge and injuring a Karate student as his Dojo and I guess framing Kreese, but Kreese is AWOL and not an usable witness? A fight at his house, not too hard to argue self defense.

There really is only the tournament in Japan for them to do if there even is a 6th season, and even then seems like they'd drop Miyagi Do at the same time as dropping Cobra Kai from the event.

they have him on video beating the crap out of stingray in a not- remotely like a lesson way. Wonder what that does for kreese considering he busted out of jail right when it comes out he didn't do it

wait no they don't have the assault on video, never mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Goffer posted:

Cameos from every other 80s karate / action movie as rival dojos in a world cup would be the ideal 👌

A belgian dojo that does the splits at every available opportunity