Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

So odd tangent, but Tori is played by Peyton List. Which is also the name of another well established actress so color me confused when I saw her name in the credits. I thought the guilds or whatever didn't let that poo poo happen?

THANK YOU. I recognized her name but couldn't remember where I saw her, and was super confused when I looked at her IMDB and didn't recognize anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

iamsosmrt posted:

Wait, there's two people in the world named Peyton List?

Peyton is a pretty popular name

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

waah posted:

But the worst bit of soap opera logic is putting a guy who is in Hospice on a loving motorcycle. Are you loving kidding me?

He knew that was his last ride and wanted to go out on his own terms

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Jeez that's just eerie. :(

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

Maybe, but he was visibly 52 in the third one.

The best part about 3 is that he was older than the "Vietnam vet" main bad guy.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

My sister just asked me "Is Cobra Kai any good?" and I just replied back with "yes" about 15 times

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I mean, to be fair him getting his arm broken was the final step to him hooking up with Yasmin, so deep down he's probably happy it happened

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Gaius Marius posted:

Between the boys and it's obsession with fresca and this show trying to make me believe teens would willingly drink RC cola. Modern tv is really pushing some strange soft drinks.

Hahahaha holy poo poo I had the EXACT same thought.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Spacebump posted:

I have no idea where the series could go after season 4. Assuming Terry and Kreese/Cobra Kai are defeated at the end of season 4, what bad guys would even make sense from the movies to bring back? Would Johnny take back the Cobra Kai name or would the show continue on without a Cobra Kai dojo?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

When they bring back Terry Silver next season we'll get our absolute fill of Karate Kid 3 references.

One of my favorite parts of season 3 was the fan service fake out in Kreese's flashbacks.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The thing I really like about this show is that there is never a straight antagonist or protagonist. Well, except Silver.

Everyone is complex and there's no "this person did the right thing and this person did the wrong thing". Everyone has motivations for everything. I was genuinely shocked when Tory came back to school right after Sam's friend gave her the speech about being the bigger person. I 100% expected her to reach out to Tory and offer to help her reintegrate into school. It was definitely a welcome surprise to see Sam be the bitch.

Goddam Terry Silver rules. Though I can never forget that his actor is younger than Ralph Macchio haha THANKS RHYNO FOR THAT INFO YEARS AGO

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The Bee posted:

Honestly, I felt like this was a little less over the top than the seasons where you literally had public karate riots breaking out.

I laughed so hard at when the principal out whoever was talking about removing things that could be used as a weapon if another karate fight broke out

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Jose Oquendo posted:

I don't know if he ever talked about it but I am curious what happened to him as the 80's ended. He did Karate Kid and Back to School, which were his two most well known movie roles. He had a reoccurring character on The Equalizer and then just a pile of poo poo movies and guest bits on TV shows.

I was just as surprised as everyone when I found out that he can act. He has a good sense of timing. He can do some of the dramatic bits Cobra Kai needs. Wondering if he can leverage this into some higher profile roles once this show is finished.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olQ3vaiv47I

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Robobot posted:

The return of Mike Barnes and he’s just a successful accountant that wants nothing to do with Silver and is in one scene where he laughs Silver out of his office would be great.

Pretty close call!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Was it revealed before this season that Daniels wife was the sister of his Karate Kid 3 girlfriend? That took me by surprise but I likely just glazed over it before

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Jonny Quest posted:

Cousin, not sister, but definitely never mentioned previously. How Daniel and Amanda met was never discussed so the writers took advantage of it to tie it all together.

That whole bar fight is up there with the :smug: "Of course not, they beat each other up" moment from Johnny.

Ahh okay cousin makes it slightly less weird to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Darko posted:

Daniel was specifically not dating the Karate Kid 3 girl because Ralph Macchio felt weird about being so much older. That whole thing was platonic on screen.

Haha man I need to rewatch KK3. I just blew a friend's mind telling him that Terry Silver is younger than Daniel in real life.

Edit - That makes it make a lot more sense, Ralph reinforcing it with Cobra Kai

Edit 2 - Robyn Lively was 17 in Karate Kid 3, he was 28, WTF thought that was a good idea even if it was "platonic". So much cocaine responsible for that movie

Medullah fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Sep 11, 2022