Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I really thought Johnny and Daniel would join forces this season but I guess that will be S3.

I don’t want to spoil too much but Kreese is loving insane and I love it. Like, Johnny is stuck in the 80’s and it’s charming. Kreese is stuck in the jungles of Vietnam and it’s :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

So how much money do you think it would take to Elizabeth Shue to show up for an episode in season 3?

I'd love to see the cringe from both Johnny and Daniel when she shows up.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

I get teased by friends for liking this show as much as I do, but I love it and it rules. Really amped up to see what they do with the set up from last year. Angry teens and angry dads karate fighting and the stakes. Can't. Get. Higher.

It's a legit good show. Billy Zabka is really good in it. The show isn't afraid to make fun of the source material but it also holds parts of it in a certain reverence. It's how you do a revival show.

NBC is doing the same thing with Saved by the Bell and Punky Brewster and I'd be surprised if they're half as good as Cobra Kai.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Astroman posted:

What are you, some kind of pussy?

He has to flip the script.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I agree so much. I'm kind of pissed off at Hollywood for letting this dude just linger for 30 years when he clearly has talent and range.

Zabka isn't a bad actor at all. He got typecast as the high school / college bully so as he got older and couldn't pass for that age he got hosed.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

It's not a good movie by any stretch of the imagination but I would say it's required viewing for the current season of Cobra Kai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

What I'm saying is I'm gay for William Zabka and want to party with him at a Twisted Sister concert.

I don't know if he ever talked about it but I am curious what happened to him as the 80's ended. He did Karate Kid and Back to School, which were his two most well known movie roles. He had a reoccurring character on The Equalizer and then just a pile of poo poo movies and guest bits on TV shows.

I was just as surprised as everyone when I found out that he can act. He has a good sense of timing. He can do some of the dramatic bits Cobra Kai needs. Wondering if he can leverage this into some higher profile roles once this show is finished.