Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah this season wasn't sheer perfection like S1 but I still mainlined it in 2 days so clearly it did something right. Spoilerthoughts

Kreese - honestly kind of a wash. in the early episodes he was just kind of distracting, then he's gone, then whoops he's not.

Tory - really disappointed they made her a full psycho. she rocked that Madonna costume though!

Hawk - kind of the same problem as Daniel-san, just too much of a one dimensional character this time, but when he cut loose in the last fight I was like HELL YEAH so

Dmitri - a weenie

Stingray - funnier than he should have been but still kind of unnecessary I guess?

Also disappointed that Daniel's butter drinking failson was literally only in like one scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
There's also the photograph

Not gonna lie I was totally prepared for the last shot of the season to reveal that Tory's last name is Silver lmao

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
My best friend in high school was a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and when we did the yearly fitness test he literally couldn't do more than exactly 1 pull up

I did 10 :smug: lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Actors often voluntarily change their name to avoid that but it's not enforced by SAG or anything afaik

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

waah posted:

This. It's clear that the writing just isnt the same and I dont know if was lightning in a bottle or if it was less of an emphasis on it in favor of getting a wider audience.

I think it's just a classic sophomore slump. I mean Johnny was still written very well, as were many of the sub plots. I think earlier the poster nailed it when saying it's like they listened to the wrong feedback about what made S1 great. The inclusion of Stingray shows this pretty well.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

teagone posted:

Just got done watching season 2. Pretty good. Season 1 was better though. But lol if they bring back Terry Silver next season. They have to now, so that he can join up with Kreese again. And then Johnny is gonna team up with Danny lmao. loving lets go.

:emptyquote:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
One hopes they tone down the meta stuff like Stingray and pull it back to season 1 quality

Season 2 was still awesome though and I'm irrationally happy that Zabka is getting paid and recognized finally

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
All the talk about Game of Thrones was literal product placement. Remember how some episodes started with "this episode contains paid advertising" or whatever? I can't think of anything that could be referring to other than the GoT references

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Vita means life

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

iamsosmrt posted:

They should throw everyone for a loop and bring Chozen in to team with Johnny. Make him a Japanese car magnate just to troll Daniel a little more. poo poo, to add more drama, have it turn out that Daniel's actually active Facebook friends with Kumiko.

:hmmyes:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Clearly season 4 needs to be about Johnny opening a vintage used car store that only hipsters shop at, confusing him greatly

"Why do all these nerds want El Caminos all of a sudden??"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TheCenturion posted:

The article says YouTube is getting out of scripted shows. Which is fine. I can't think of a single YouTube Red show I've ever heard of other than Cobra Kai.

The only other thing I can even think of was Poppy, which was admittedly great

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rhyno posted:

Wayne was amazing.

Oh hell yeah it was, I forgot that was youtube red

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think Netflix will probably bring some better quality control to the table at least. S2 had a few weird issues that felt like they should have been easy to spot

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
terry silver what's wrong with your faaaaace

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
not to be mean, i don't know if it's make up or not

it's just very disturbing to look at is all!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I still can't get over how skinny Daniel's son is now