Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Making the container for Avengers 4 because JC. Im going to stay vague for the time being.

{edit: 2->4 because I am an idiot.)

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
The end credits was :nice:

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I didn't stick around, I needed a cigarette.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I liked all the death.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I thought it was a weakass clipshow fetchquest that Disney played as safely as possible and worked desperately to keep the overpowered Captain Marvel as far away from the plot as possible except when a deus ex machina was needed because they'd otherwise written themselves into a corner.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Death irrespective, even with all of the characters they left on the way side, they still shoe horned a poo poo ton of people.

Spoiler about Hulk (I'm not planning on requiring spoilers in this thread going forward, just forcing myself initially) I thought they were going to bring in Red Hulk for a second when he put on the gauntlet but was led astray. I still just *shrug emoji* Just so much to unpack.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I thought it was a weakass clipshow fetchquest that Disney played as safely as possible and worked desperately to keep the overpowered Captain Marvel as far away from the plot as possible except when a deus ex machina was needed because they'd otherwise written themselves into a corner.

Well I mean she did literally only show up at the last possible second

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I also like that none of anyone's memories included the actors that Disney cut ties with early on. That was fortunate.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I liked the nod to all the female super heroes during the end sequence.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Edgar posted:

I expect some angry internet posting about that.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Flikken posted:

I giggled when it happened thinking about that

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm still waiting for mare to see it so he can learn that I was telling the truth about captain marvel and thor wrecking thanos in the first five minutes

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Flikken posted:

CD got you covered homeboy

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

I'm still waiting for mare to see it so he can learn that I was telling the truth about captain marvel and thor wrecking thanos in the first five minutes

I loved the fact there was no final end credit scene and the theater got pissed.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

That was one of those things I was not expecting.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Best line has to be SO MANY STAIRS

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Hulk dutifully trying to smash things was pretty loving great. NGL though, Cap and Mjolnir was the peak for me.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

There were cheers in the cinema when that happened, no joke

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

There were cheers in the cinema when that happened, no joke

Same in mine.

The scene in the diner with Chill Hulk had everyone laughing hard.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

whole movie was fun, and i liked seeing all the characters in the final act. the amount of money spent on cast must have been absolutely staggering for getting some people in for like one or two minutes. so good.

Edgar posted:

yeah that was cool as hell

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I also like that none of anyone's memories included the actors that Disney cut ties with early on. That was fortunate.

which actors did they cut ties with?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Godholio posted:

Hulk dutifully trying to smash things was pretty loving great. NGL though, Cap and Mjolnir was the peak for me.

The Thor line of "I KNEW IT" right after that was the cherry on the top.

I asked my buddy what Cap did with Mjolnir while he was on Rumspringa and he suggested he did what he did with the rest of the stones and gave it to Thin Thor on Asgard at some point.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

It's still a spoiler if I didn't believe you, because you didn't know I wouldn't believe you when you told me. Dick.

That said, holy gently caress what a good flick. I'm glad Thanos didn't say poo poo after the snap. Just sat down in disbelief and vanished.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Godholio posted:

Hulk half-heartedly smashing things out of obligation and "roaring" was a godamn riot.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Flikken posted:

I loved the fact there was no final end credit scene and the theater got pissed.

I saw it Thursday evening at one of those theatres that serves you beer and overpriced bar food during the movie and the first thing the server did was stand at the front of the auditorium and say "there's no post credits scene, you don't need to stick around till the end" (aka everyone get the gently caress out so we can flip the theatre for the next showtime)

Cap with Mjolnir was definitely the best moment of the movie, but I rather enjoyed Barton as the bitter badass vigilante.

Overall the first act was loving lame but the rest of the movie generally made up for it.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

I normally don't care for the big "boss battle" ending fight because it's always just faceless minions dying and fake tension. With this one I was legit unsure as to who would end up dying so it felt like every battle had actual weight.

I also seriously enjoyed the whole "cap isn't alone, all the heroes who had originally died are here to fight too" scene. Eleven years of films built up to that battle and they played it really well. The whole place was cheering for that and the Cap + Mjolnir scene. I know I laughed at Thor's "I KNEW IT!"

Edit: also, I was watching the first Cap movie right before going to see Endgame, and as soon as I saw 1970 Peggy Carter I knew what his ending would be. I was super happy they finally got their dance. :unsmith:

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Apr 28, 2019

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Dude McAwesome posted:

which actors did they cut ties with?

I'm also curious about this because aside from villain characters, the only major actor missing is Clark Gregg (Coulson) probably due to scheduling conflicts.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Coasterphreak posted:

I'm also curious about this because aside from villain characters, the only major actor missing is Clark Gregg (Coulson) probably due to scheduling conflicts.

Absolutely since he was in Captain Marvel less than 2 months ago. I mean the only other person I can think of is Edward Norton and no one liked that Hulk movie as far as I can tell.

Edit: also since Don Cheadle replaced Terrence Howard I don't think he's an issue

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Apr 28, 2019

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Absolutely since he was in Captain Marvel less than 2 months ago. I mean the only other person I can think of is Edward Norton and no one liked that Hulk movie as far as I can tell.

Edit: also since Don Cheadle replaced Terrence Howard I don't think he's an issue

Both of those actors worked with Marvel before the Disney acquisition, so I'm still curious which actors Disney cut ties with.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I mostly meant Terrence Howard and Ed Norton, but there have been a few characters that have appeared in a film and then been replaced (RIP Powers Booth), or because the main character was replaced none of the supporting characters ever recur (Amazing Hulk). The Howard to Cheadle switch is loving hilarious though

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I like Cheadle better.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Same.

I had forgotten about Hugo Weaving as Red Skull, so I guess that counts.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Hugo has gone on record as saying the only reason he turned down being the Red Skull in Infinity War and Endgame is because he hated the make-up and prosthetics he had to wear so much.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

To be fair to Hugo it was a bit part and he knocked the original out of the park.

E: Oh gently caress I almost forgot about Cap v. Cap.

SquirrelyPSU fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 28, 2019

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That is America's rear end.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SquirrelyPSU posted:

To be fair to Hugo it was a bit part and he knocked the original out of the park.

E: Oh gently caress I almost forgot about Cap v. Cap.

I liked the post credit thing. If you didn't wait, at the very end of the credits they play the sound of Tony Stark beating on the anvil working in the cave when he was building the mark 1. I though it was a nice little bowtie on the MCU to date. Iron Man started the whole thing 11 years ago with that hammer and anvil.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

:respek:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

I liked the post credit thing. If you didn't wait, at the very end of the credits they play the sound of Tony Stark beating on the anvil working in the cave when he was building the mark 1. I though it was a nice little bowtie on the MCU to date. Iron Man started the whole thing 11 years ago with that hammer and anvil.

Also how his last words were "I am Iron Man" which was kind of the moment everything spun up and created the MCU.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Time travel not withstanding, I am super happy that they found a way to get Cap and Peggy together :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Time travel not withstanding, I am super happy that they found a way to get Cap and Peggy together :unsmith:

What does that make the girl that was her niece in Civil War? Am I mistaken in misremembering a possible thing between her and Cap?