Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I thought it was a weakass clipshow fetchquest that Disney played as safely as possible and worked desperately to keep the overpowered Captain Marvel as far away from the plot as possible except when a deus ex machina was needed because they'd otherwise written themselves into a corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I also like that none of anyone's memories included the actors that Disney cut ties with early on. That was fortunate.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Flikken posted:

I expect some angry internet posting about that.

I giggled when it happened thinking about that

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I mostly meant Terrence Howard and Ed Norton, but there have been a few characters that have appeared in a film and then been replaced (RIP Powers Booth), or because the main character was replaced none of the supporting characters ever recur (Amazing Hulk). The Howard to Cheadle switch is loving hilarious though

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Time travel not withstanding, I am super happy that they found a way to get Cap and Peggy together :unsmith:

What does that make the girl that was her niece in Civil War? Am I mistaken in misremembering a possible thing between her and Cap?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

SquirrelyPSU posted:

He who has not banged both aunt and niece shall cast the first stone

Yeah but is it Jon and Dany or is it more like Patton and Jean Gordon?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
It's still weird as poo poo though, right?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Dude McAwesome posted:

lthey pulled out all the stops to give the fans what they wanted. so good. so much pandering. it owned.

This was part of the problem I had with the movie. It was basically nothing but fan service

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Not sure what you expected out of a comic book movie 11 years in the making. Schindler's List?

No, it's the problem where Disney has the capability to do something truly unique and take risks with storytelling but instead they're just going to fall back on the value they can create by changing copyright law at will.

E: they aren't willing to adapt and innovate anymore because they're too afraid of the risks that it poses to their perceived value

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Godholio posted:

Why would they do that when 90% of their fan base doesn't care about that? They're going to break 1.5 billion in one week.

Also doing unique things isn't exactly what comic book franchises are known for.

That's what I'm saying. Disney is uniquely positioned to be truly revolutionary but they won't because they're worried more about their profit margins than creating something of actual value rather than a rehash of something that they acquired the rights to and will never let loose from their grasp. It's not like people won't see the movie if they hear it was something they didn't expect. If they've already seen the twenty other films in the franchise I doubt they'll hold out on the finale.