Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

I'm still waiting for mare to see it so he can learn that I was telling the truth about captain marvel and thor wrecking thanos in the first five minutes

That was one of those things I was not expecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Hulk dutifully trying to smash things was pretty loving great. NGL though, Cap and Mjolnir was the peak for me.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I like Cheadle better.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That is America's rear end.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

That is America's rear end.

I liked the post credit thing. If you didn't wait, at the very end of the credits they play the sound of Tony Stark beating on the anvil working in the cave when he was building the mark 1. I though it was a nice little bowtie on the MCU to date. Iron Man started the whole thing 11 years ago with that hammer and anvil.

Also how his last words were "I am Iron Man" which was kind of the moment everything spun up and created the MCU.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The Gardenator posted:

Thor was also not in the same condition as he was in infinity war.

Fat MacThor certainly wasn't on par with peak "Not God of Hammers" Thor.

I'm pretty sure SHIELD made more than one...uh...shield over the years. But Black Panther scratched the poo poo out of the one he had in Civil War, so at a minimum they'd have had to resurface it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Dude McAwesome posted:

ah that totally makes sense

i was just thinking “how’s his shield getting so hosed up? that stuff’s supposed to be the bees knees” the whole time

I was actually wondering if they'd address it and say Thanos' sword-thing was adamantium. Since you know...Marvel can finally use that.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Why would they do that when 90% of their fan base doesn't care about that? They're going to break 1.5 billion in one week.

Also doing unique things isn't exactly what comic book franchises are known for.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's boxofficemojo, which is the site everyone references including people in the film industry. Endgame doubled Infinity War's record-holding opening. It's going to take in ALL THE MONEY.

Flikken posted:

So what happened to alternate timeline Gamora, did Iron Man's snap kill her?

I doubt it, but that's been a topic of discussion. She's either dusted or she bailed right away. I suspect she took off, and that'll be the plot of the next (As)Guardians movie.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Also Captain Marvel is still in theaters. There's no way they re-edited Endgame since that release.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Those Kevin Smith videos are also released as a ~1hr podcast, so there's a reason it's that long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

2+5=7