Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

im irritated that i know suttons enough of a lib that this cartoon is just about ukraine when the subtler much funnier joke is that we did have genius billionaires in the thirties (adjusted for inflation) and they did try to do this much more blatantly and unsubtly than anything elon musk has done

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
lmao, Stonetoss got doxxed

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

FDR was a dictator ward

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

ZZT the Fifth posted:

lmao, Stonetoss got doxxed

Was it schmorky all along

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Uncle Wemus posted:

Was it schmorky all along

Surprisingly no, just some pig eyed goon from Texas.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
My prediction is that now that the cat's outta the bag, he's going to pull a Libsoftiktok and just market himself to right wing audiences using his real identity now. We'll see how that pans out.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Panfilo posted:

My prediction is that now that the cat's outta the bag, he's going to pull a Libsoftiktok and just market himself to right wing audiences using his real identity now. We'll see how that pans out.

is he actually popular? i can't imagine he'd make a lot of money with the nazi klurfs
the libsoftiktok rear end in a top hat gets a bunch of money from various rich nazis but I'm having a hard time imagining them doing the same for some lovely cartoonist

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Doxxing freaks these chuds out so he might be able to ride on that sympathy for a bit anyway.

Some Brazilian guy on Steam allegedly got doxxed because he was curating games based on whether Sweet Baby had consulted with them or not, this gave him a huge boost in popularity over the fact that (((Games Journalists))) tried to get him banned from Steam.

I've long been curious about their reasoning for anonymity from reactionaries because it's hard to get marketably famous if you keep hiding behind an alias online. Once they get outed that barrier is no longer present so like Chaya they can try to parley their gimmick into a 'legitimate' media career.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Was he literally a goon or just pig eyed and goonlike

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

tokin opposition posted:

I'm so tired of libs having TDS

It's good actually. Almost as much damage to the American body politic as electing a black guy president

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

fdr looks fuckin tight

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/yoloswagstudios/status/1771984064712429573?s=20

This one requires having paid a lot of attention to the last week or so of stupid internet discourse.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

CONNECTING THE PENINS

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

One More Fat Nerd posted:

This one requires having paid a lot of attention to the last week or so of stupid internet discourse.

https://twitter.com/RyanGe25/status/1772032178320183393?t=X2cMlHVbevZZPYdklUZzfg&s=19

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lmao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/yoloswagstudios/status/1771984064712429573?s=20

I don’t. wish I did tho

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Smythe posted:

I don’t. wish I did tho

Combo of a weird new Afrocentrism conspiracy where Putin opened up "The Oldest Vault" (???) and found ancient art of every biblical figure, and it turns out they're all black, and inane twitter discourse where criticism of Doordash is being compared to eugenics, because 1 in 6 people are deathly allergic to leftovers.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Opposing the gig economy for all the various reasons it’s loving horrible is ableist actually is my favorite evergreen Twitter discourse

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Combo of a weird new Afrocentrism conspiracy where Putin opened up "The Oldest Vault" (???) and found ancient art of every biblical figure, and it turns out they're all black, and inane twitter discourse where criticism of Doordash is being compared to eugenics, because 1 in 6 people are deathly allergic to leftovers.

Sounds awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol at West Bunk.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

lol i love it when people cynically appropriate stuff like that. there's a neighborhood here where the city was going to close some streets around an old water tower and turn it into a small park but the people in the neighborhood wanted to be able to drive through it so they wouldn't have to drive like 2 extra blocks to get around it. so they opposed it and did a campaign talking about how it's a "historically black neighborhood" (it is not very black anymore) and that's why the city shouldn't make a park. it kicks rear end!

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Opposing the gig economy for all the various reasons it’s loving horrible is ableist actually is my favorite evergreen Twitter discourse

The Tumblr diaspora might be the single worst thing that happened to the internet.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

The Tumblr diaspora might be the single worst thing that happened to the internet.

That reminds me of the chili incident where some lady just wanted to make chili for her neighbors and for a week it seemed like the whole goddamn internet got their panties in a twist about it.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Well, that and JavaScript.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Stoatbringer posted:

Well, that and JavaScript.

Remove javascript and css. Bring back <marquee>

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This is still my least favorite genre of gig economy take

https://twitter.com/smoke_nd_pearlz/status/1652819694615683074

because it somehow gets classed as feminism despite not really having anything feminist about it, enabling people to get really self-righteous about their right to sit at home on their phones ritually humiliating their grocery shopping servants for internet clout

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

This is my parents unironic position

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

this but also goonsay and username post combo

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

I'm going to destroy doordash to eugenicize the people who think criticizing it is like eugenics

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Janice Soprano is real and has 10,000 twitter accounts.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Remember that take where someone said it was ableist to ask them not to cross the picket-line at the Stop & Shop strike because their very real and serious health condition renders them unable to digest any food other than (IIRC) Frosted Mini-Wheats

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Panfilo posted:

That reminds me of the chili incident where some lady just wanted to make chili for her neighbors and for a week it seemed like the whole goddamn internet got their panties in a twist about it.

I feel fairly sure the doordash discourse involves some of the same people as the chili neighbor incident, which were the same group as the "saying PAWG is racist" people.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

loquacius posted:

Remember that take where someone said it was ableist to ask them not to cross the picket-line at the Stop & Shop strike because their very real and serious health condition renders them unable to digest any food other than (IIRC) Frosted Mini-Wheats

frosted mini wheats was a boycott against the cereal manufacturer, and their reason for being unable to stop eating them was being a picky eater. so even if they were truly that hosed up and pathetic that they couldn't eat something else, they could have just bought store brand frosted mini wheats.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Hatebag posted:

frosted mini wheats was a boycott against the cereal manufacturer, and their reason for being unable to stop eating them was being a picky eater. so even if they were truly that hosed up and pathetic that they couldn't eat something else, they could have just bought store brand frosted mini wheats.

Alternately, they could have just bought and ate the goddamn mini wheats and not posted about it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Retromancer posted:

Alternately, they could have just bought and ate the goddamn mini wheats and not posted about it.

Yeah lol this is always my favorite aspect of this junk. Just getting on a bullhorn and shouting I AM A loving IDIOT WHO SMELLS BAD!! I AM AN UNPLEASANT PERSON!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It's not enough that they just keep eating the bad cereal, they have to make sure everyone knows what bad people they are for trying to make them feel guilty about it