Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Oath Complete:

I'm pretty new to the hobby, but man big pictures really bring out all of your mistakes and things you may not like when you just set it down on the table .

Oath Addition:

ur-205 from Blackstone Fortress is next on the chopping block

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Oath Complete:

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath addition! One Rashaar Magus, and two Lesser Ugdru, all from Carnevale

More time than I thought this month.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Another Oath addition: I oath one Corpuscarii Electro-Priest (GW, 28mm) for May. Have a free day today, so I plan on blasting this out in 24 hours for the Need 4 Speed achievement!

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath for May a Sydonian Dragoon and eight Servo-automata. The Dragoon and Games Workshop and the Servo-automata are Forge World. I'm trying to up my game for model painting this season, so I hope to blast these out and get some addons going.

Duct Tape posted:

Oath addition: I oath an additional five Fulgurite Electro-priests for May. These are your standard 28mm scale Games Workshop models.

Duct Tape posted:

Another Oath addition: I oath one Corpuscarii Electro-Priest (GW, 28mm) for May. Have a free day today, so I plan on blasting this out in 24 hours for the Need 4 Speed achievement!

Oaths Complete! Now that was a heck of a month of painting!

Claiming A Smooth Start for the clothing blends of almost-black in the shadows to bright red at the highlights.
Claiming Need 4 Speed, as this model was about 8 hours start to finish (though he was maybe 2-3 hours of actual painting. Love that Patriot 105 airbrush)

Claiming A Faithful Replica for that dragoon, which is using the same scheme as GW's official.

edit: Forgot about this one, but it's pretty obvious. Claiming Take One for the Team for both the squad of eight Servo-automata, and the six matching Electro-priests.

Duct Tape fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 29, 2019

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Oath Complete!

Claiming the following achievements:

May - a smooth start for the gradient on the pincers.

and

A faithful replica for copying the Monster Manual scheme:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Oath Complete!

gonna call her done before i ruin her

Claiming May - A Smooth Start for the (my very first) blending on the hair.

edit: mega huge https://imgur.com/1ogMTIc.jpg

Cat Face Joe posted:

I, catfacejoe, oath this spitfire Deva from Corvus Belli for May.

Cat Face Joe fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jun 1, 2019

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Oath complete!

I'm claiming A Smooth Start for the "black points" on the bays. They don't photograph all that well because they're so goddamn tiny, but here are two of the better examples:

And while I'm at it, I might as well claim A Faithful Replica for their historically accurate kit and uniforms (down to the red stripe on the horse-blanket) and Take One For The Team for it being an entire unit.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath complete!

Claiming A faithful replica for Hellboy, Get the Crystal for the busts (they are target priority track markers for the game's AI) & Take one for the team for this here BPRD investigative team!

The studio version of Hellboy for the achievement (which reminds me I'm not good enough at painting).

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

And the gang all together! Claiming A Smooth Start for the various hair blending and the leader's whip, plus Take One for the Team as they're a full gang!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath Complete

My octopus friend is in the process of camouflaging himself to his perch:

The pictures aren't great because I still haven't set up any sort of proper photobooth. :v: I am claiming A smooth start for the color change across his legs.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Oath Complete

I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get this done in time - lots of stuff got in the way of painting this month - but crammed in a whole lot of work the past three nights or so.

I am claiming A faithful replica for these barricades - I stuck to GW's color scheme found here - picture from GW site below:

I am also claiming Take one for the team for painting four or more (here six) related miniatures in the same scheme.

I don't think there's any blending worth claiming the monthly challenge but let me know if you think i'm wrong there.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!
Need to work on my lighting still.

Can thoroughly recommend Klukva Miniatures for all your not-really-infringing-copyright needs! Nearly no cleanup and excellent detail. Anyway, I'm claiming a faithful replica for Kratos Dad of Boi here

The Carnevale minis were less impressive - the starter box ones are lower-detail one-piece ones, with a lot of clean up.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Oath Complete!

Need a lightbox.

Claiming A Smooth Start for the Captains powersword, take one for the team for the squad.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

Claiming a smooth start for the gradient on the Executuioner's axe.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
May Oath Complete!

One Griffon, claiming A Smooth Start for blending of the skin and beak.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I CAN STILL MAKE IT

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint in the final hours of May

1 Dragon Hatchling Blue by Reaper (28mm)

Also check it out, worldtimeserver got a facelift

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

:goon: OATH COMPLETE :goon:

No time for the light box today, just set my fancy RGB LED globe to the coldest white and held it up

Claiming a smooth start for blending the wings from white to blue.

Also claiming Need 4 Speed, hope it's obvious enough that I don't need to do the additional timestamp photo :v:

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Mikey Purp posted:

I, Mikey Purp oath for the month of May: one Seraphon Bastiladon with Solar Engine from Games Workshop.

Oath addition: 3 seraphon ripperdactyl riders from Games Workshop (pic was taken last night but I just got around to posting it...hope that's ok).

Whooo...down to the wire but Oaths Complete!

Finished the bastilodon a couple weeks ago and he is probably my most favorite model I've ever painted.

I definitely underestimated how long the ripperdactyls would take, though. Just finished them tonight and didn't have time for nice pictures, sorry. I'm not super happy with them but I have another unit of three that I will be trying some new techniques on.

Claiming A Smooth Start for the blends on the bastilodon shell, tail, and ripperdactyl rider feathers. All in all, these guys were a blast to paint and I'm pretty excited about this new army...Isla Nublar Seraphon ftw.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK, May is over, onwards to June!

quote:

June - I don't know whether the weather will be nice
Heavy Rain - Your model should include environmental effects. Possibly they're being buffeted by high winds, struggling through a heatwave, or being drenched by a sudden downpour.
Heavy Damage - Your model should include weathering effects. Maybe the paint's taken a beating from a sandstorm, a gun's discoloured from overuse, or your hero's been wading through a swamp.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

I CAN STILL MAKE IT

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint in the final hours of May

1 Dragon Hatchling Blue by Reaper (28mm)

Also check it out, worldtimeserver got a facelift

Duct Tape posted:

LazyAngel posted:

Oath addition! One Rashaar Magus, and two Lesser Ugdru, all from Carnevale

More time than I thought this month.

Mikey Purp posted:

Oath addition: 3 seraphon ripperdactyl riders from Games Workshop (pic was taken last night but I just got around to posting it...hope that's ok).

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Oath Complete:

I'm pretty new to the hobby, but man big pictures really bring out all of your mistakes and things you may not like when you just set it down on the table .

Oath Addition:

ur-205 from Blackstone Fortress is next on the chopping block

Approved (for May). The spreadsheet should now be up to date, please take a look and let me know if I've missed anything! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nuMunESXXQIzRSQ6ZNeY2ljrNLwtbeKiNemdg8UHDHw/edit?usp=sharing

I'll get the album set up by next weekend, give it a week for people to check if their pics are missing, then it'll be sent for judgement!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Forgot to put my name on the pics, I have shamed my house :negative:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I also forgot to put my name in the photos, oh well there is always

I, Doorknob Slobber, Oath to paint the following for June:

7 traitor guardsmen and janus draik from blackstone fortress

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Mikey Purp posted:

Whooo...down to the wire but Oaths Complete!

Finished the bastilodon a couple weeks ago and he is probably my most favorite model I've ever painted.

Holy poo poo, this is awesome! And you may not be happy with your ripperdactyls, but rest assured that they are sweet!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for June 2019:

One Giant Cyclops, 28mm from RBJ Games
6 Dwarf Battle Statues, 28mm from MOM Miniatures

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for June

Swiss Guard HMG from Corvus Belli and Generic Wizard from Reaper.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

I, schwein11, oath the following for June:

One GW Smasha Gun (Ork Mek Gun variant) with grot crew.

schwein11 fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jun 1, 2019

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I, Grizzled Patriarch, oath the following for the month of June:

1 Skeletal Minotaur in 28mm scale by Reaper Miniatures.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Speed Painting proof for the Battle Statues. I'll take better pictures when I've completed everything.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I, Ilor, do Oath the following for the month of June: 1 Opel Blitz truck with magnetized crew and bed options (28mm Warlord/Italeri):

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath one Reaper Bones Frost Giant Raider for June

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
I, KingMob, Oath for June

Alt-Lunah and Bachmann, Aristeia, Corvus Belli.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
I, gameraMan, oath 1 fireplace and log fire for June!

Reaper bones fireplace.

Including the monthly I don't know whether the weather will be nice, 'heavy damage' for heavy use as a blackened, stained fireplace... that counts, right?

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of June, Rasputin, 'Ragnarok' Rasputin, The Tentacles of Sadu Hem & Giant Frog Monster. All from Hellboy the Boardgame by Mantic Games.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

I, Grey Hunter, hearby oath 31 WWII Germans, 28mm by Warlord Games.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For June I , Galaspar, oath Inquisitor Grayfax, plus nine assorted pipe and chimney pieces, two small towers, a large tower, a dome and a bridge

spiderbot
Oct 21, 2012

First time oathing!

I, spiderbot, oath for June Sonnia Criid and Samael Hopkins, by Wyrd Miniatures, and a converted Purifying Flame (Warhammer skeleton combined with a Reaper fire elemental), all for Malifaux.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I, Mikey Purp, oath for the month of June: a Lord Kroak, 32mm from Games Workshop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Been a while since I've done an oath, and I was just about to start on these terminators. So why not.

I, Arson Fire, oath for June six Aquilon Terminators, 28mm, from Games Workshop.