Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Yay, after burning out half way through season 9 I am excited to get back on the horse! I just started a dinos riding dinos army so this will be great motivation. Oath incoming very soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I, Mikey Purp oath for the month of May: one Seraphon Bastiladon with Solar Engine from Games Workshop.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Oath addition: 3 seraphon ripperdactyl riders from Games Workshop (pic was taken last night but I just got around to posting it...hope that's ok).

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Mikey Purp posted:

I, Mikey Purp oath for the month of May: one Seraphon Bastiladon with Solar Engine from Games Workshop.

Oath addition: 3 seraphon ripperdactyl riders from Games Workshop (pic was taken last night but I just got around to posting it...hope that's ok).

Whooo...down to the wire but Oaths Complete!

Finished the bastilodon a couple weeks ago and he is probably my most favorite model I've ever painted.

I definitely underestimated how long the ripperdactyls would take, though. Just finished them tonight and didn't have time for nice pictures, sorry. I'm not super happy with them but I have another unit of three that I will be trying some new techniques on.

Claiming A Smooth Start for the blends on the bastilodon shell, tail, and ripperdactyl rider feathers. All in all, these guys were a blast to paint and I'm pretty excited about this new army...Isla Nublar Seraphon ftw.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I, Mikey Purp, oath for the month of June: a Lord Kroak, 32mm from Games Workshop.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Oath Complete!

This was a tough month for me due to real life stuff going on and also being too sick to paint for almost an entire week. I might go back and add some finishing touches to the base later on (a little more dry brushing, maybe make the waves higher), but I was leaving for vacation and I'm happy with how he came out for now. Claiming heavy damage for the weathered wraps and the general mummification of the dude.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 30, 2019

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Brock Samsonite posted:

Hot drat dude, Mummy-slaan owns. I love your stuff! (Sorry stuff has been poo poo for you, glad you were still able to paint though)

Ashcans posted:

I was phone-posting before, so I wanted to come back and say that this guy looks great! As a lapsed Lizardmen player I love the aesthetic of the Slann, and you really did a good job on this. The spectral glow is really well done!

Thanks guys, I appreciate it! The osl effect on the chair was done lazy-style with an airbrush after I fully painted everything. It was a little nerve wracking painting over the "finished" product but after a little fiddling with the gradient it started to come together.

I'm real happy with how this army is shaping up and seraphon are definitely some of the most fun models I've ever painted. Going forward I'm going to be focusing a bit more on speed to hopefully get up to 2k points by the end of the summer. It definitely doesn't help that I've recently been accumulating a second army that is starting to take up my attention (Tzeentch).

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I, Mikey Purp oath for the month of July:

10 blue horrors and 10 brimstone horrors from Games Workshop

This month is going to be all about taking Contrast out for a test drive and getting my Tzeentch army off the ground (even though my dinos aren't done yet) :derp:

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jul 10, 2019

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Oath Complete!

10 blue horrors and 10 brimstone horrors. Here's everyone together (and sorry that I didn't have time for better pics):

And some pics of my favorites:

Claiming Feel the Burn and Take One for the Team

The blues were done mostly with contrast and some dry brushing while the brims were airbrushed. Contrast is still kind of tricky for me but I do like the results I got.

The basing was my first time using a technique where you use pva and then drop super glue onto it while still wet, The difference in drying times creates the bubbly crater effect. I love how it came out because it conveys movement and otherworldliness, but I will probably do the next units in a different color. I also tried to use a piece of opal reflective contact paper underneath that to make it seem like a portal opening up under their feet, but I don't think I left enough of it showing and the effect gets lost. I also tinted it yellow which I feel was a mistake. Lessons learned for next time, which is fine since I have about 80 more of these to paint.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Aug 1, 2019

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I, Mikey Purp oath for the month of August one Seraphon Scar-veteran on Carnosaur from Games Workshop.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Mikey Purp posted:

I, Mikey Purp oath for the month of August one Seraphon Scar-veteran on Carnosaur from Games Workshop.

Oath Addition!

The Untamed Beasts Warband from Warcry by GW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Duct Tape posted:

2rd Place (2pts): Mikey Purp

These look like what you'd see if you were on a drug trip and took a break for a second, stronger drug trip. Incredibly vibrant colors that all work and blend together.

Thanks so much! Your description is exactly what I was going for, so I'm glad they really mess with your head haha.

In other news, due to my trip being extended by the hurricane hitting the east coast I'm gonna go ahead and call my oath a failure for this month. The main bummer is that for both of them I attempted to get the speed run achievment, so I did like 80% of the work in the first week of August. Oh well, I'll get it next month.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Aug 30, 2019