Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for May, Dad of Boi, by Klukva Miniatures (around 30mm)
Resemblance to a Sony-copyrighted video game character is, of course *entirely* incidental.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Zark the Damned posted:

Approved! LazyAngel, how was the casting quality / cleanup on that guy? I've been eyeing up Klukva for a while...

Really, really clean - a little flash, but not much. Parts go together very nicely too - no gap filling was needed.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Addition! 3 Rashaar slaves, from Carnevale

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath addition! One Rashaar Magus, and two Lesser Ugdru, all from Carnevale

More time than I thought this month.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!
Need to work on my lighting still.

Can thoroughly recommend Klukva Miniatures for all your not-really-infringing-copyright needs! Nearly no cleanup and excellent detail. Anyway, I'm claiming a faithful replica for Kratos Dad of Boi here

The Carnevale minis were less impressive - the starter box ones are lower-detail one-piece ones, with a lot of clean up.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for June five Boingrot Bounders, from GW

Would have been ten, but I *may* have lost the face of one squig and absent-mindedly chucked the sprue with spares...

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!
Not the most productive month, but then I started halfway through.

EDIT: Claiming Heavy Damage for all the rust.

LazyAngel fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jul 1, 2019

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, Oath for July Ylthari's Guardians, from Warhammer Underworlds

Time to get on top of my Nightvault backlog...

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Not seeing mine on there either.

Nor mine.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

Heavy use of contrast this month due to All The Wood. Very nice for wet blending. Also had fun trying for an NMM effect.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, Oath for August the Godsworn Hunt, from Warhammer Underworlds

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

ijyt posted:

2nd Place (2 Points): LazyAngel

I love the mood of these, they feel very overgrown and ancient, and the effort you put into the weapon blades is impressive.

Electric Hobo posted:

First place, 3 points: LazyAngel

Great NMM! I like your use of different greens to make the different elements stand out more. Great work!

Dr. Gargunza posted:

First Place, 3 points: LazyAngel

"Gleaming" is the perfect word for these fierce wood elves. The weapon blades immediately draw the eye with their sharp, glowing edges; against the earthy, foresty tones of the rest of the models, that high contrast blue-white makes the whole tableau feel magical.

Thanks! They were pretty fun to paint, even with the pain of realising I should have started before finishing assembly.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

Took way too long, and result is a bit messy. Tried to go for a Frazetta/Vallejo-style with a limited colour palette; think it came out okay.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, Oath for October Skaeth's Wild Hunt, from BeastGrave, by GW

Another underworlds warband to get back into the swing of things.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

October Oath Complete

Was running a bit short on time by the end of the month, hence potato photos and bases that really, really need more work.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

For November, I, LazyAngel, oath a (heavily kitbashed) Eternal Warden, from AoS

Tester model for my Hallowheart. Mask, right hand and spear shaft are from the Sisters of the Thorn/ Wild Riders kit, but the spear blade is the Warden's original sword blade.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Dr. Gargunza posted:

:siren: October Judgements! :siren:

First Place, 3 points:  LazyAngel

These are some impressive hunters, both technically and thematically. The linework and contrasts are very well-defined, but the color palette really sets it off. All of the models seem to be wielding implements made of either driftwood or bits of sea creatures, and it just works. Plus, hey, sea-elf centaurs and fauns.

Thanks! Wanted to avoid just sticking with greens and reds. Either that or I’m continuing my trend of only ever painting blue-centric schemes...

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

For November, I, LazyAngel, oath a (heavily kitbashed) Eternal Warden, from AoS

Tester model for my Hallowheart. Mask, right hand and spear shaft are from the Sisters of the Thorn/ Wild Riders kit, but the spear blade is the Warden's original sword blade.

Oath Complete!

Potato pics again; didn't have time/light for the full lightbox, but managed to grab just about enough sunlight.

Claiming the Daily Double - May's A smooth start for the cloak blend, and August's Roll your own - the right hand, spear shaft and face/mask all come from the Wild Riders kit, but the body, left arm, right upper arm and spear blade come from the Eternal Guard kit.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, Oath for December... a tree!

TBH, it's a base for a GW Phoenix that I've gone *way* overboard on, but it's still mostly a tree.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

Went for a fast and loose approach, playing with brown and purple undershading, then heavy washes and drybrushing to finish it off. Now just to finish the thing the base is intended for...

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Duct Tape posted:

:catdrugs: November Judgement :catdrugs:

3rd Place (1pts): LazyAngel

Not only does the model look great, but the base for it make it look like it plucked right off the battlefield.

Thanks! Wish I could have got the lightbox picture up in time...

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, Oath for January , a Nomad Prince, from GW

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Addition!

Adding five Arkanaut Company, from AoS, which have been gathering dust for over a year now.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

And bonus work in progress shots for the dwarves;

Overalls done in S75 Black Forest Green, highlighted with S75 Arctic blue, then washed with a mix of AP Dark, Purple and Green.

Leather done with SArt Burnt Flesh, highlighted with Vanilla White, washed with an AP Dark/Strong/Purple mix

Armour plates done with S75 Ardennes Green, washed with AP Dark/Purple/Green, the drybrushed with Sherwood Green.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, Oath for February, one Arkanaut Frigate, from GW

Painting in quite a few subassemblies, hence the grey plastic in the box.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!
Really not feeling it towards the end of the month - don't think large vehicles are what I'm particularly happy painting.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel oath for March, One Diplomatic Delegate and one Hatail SpecOps, both from Infinity

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Addition! Two Kiel-Saan "Covert" Assault Units from Infinity

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Dr. Gargunza posted:

First Place, 3 points:  LazyAngel

The whole batch turned out amazingly well, with very subtle blending on everyone. The WIP's of the dwarves were especially helpful for anyone aspiring to paint them up as nicely. (Apparently whatever devil-sorcery you used on the elf-guy is a closely guarded secret.)

Thanks! And really the secret to both is large amounts of AP Purple Tone - I mixed it into the washes for the green armour on the dwarves and 90% of the elf; helps stop the colours getting a bit drab.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Addition (part 2)
Four Helot Militia, once again from Infinity.

This lockdown/isolation/whatever is pretty good for my backlog...

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!
Half-assed photography inbound (couldn't be arsed to set up the full light tent + LED rig).

Claiming NMM on the diplomatic delegate's robes and the SpecOps armour for Shiny

LazyAngel fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Apr 1, 2020

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath for April a 'Maori Rhino', from Cartoon Miniatures (40mm-ish)
It's been lying around since the KS a few years ago, and want to take advantage of the isolation...

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!
And what fun it was in the end. Nice to paint something larger-scale from time to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Dr. Gargunza posted:

:razz: April Judgements! :imunfunny:

First Place, 3 points:  Lazy Angel

Just the shading on this piece is incredible, but the whole thing looks so natural and fierce. You take a somewhat limited palette of mid-earth tones and make each element of the diorama distinct, with special focus on the faces of the totem and the rhino-man (and that jade green is the perfect contrasting color). Outstanding work!

Thanks! It was a pleasure to paint, although I had to control my urge to rush it more.