Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

I'm pretty new to the hobby - just started last November and have been working on a 40k Orks army since. I've been eyeing the oath thread since then and want to give it a go.

I, schwein11, Oath to paint six Ork Barricades from Games Workshop for May 2019.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Oath Complete

I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get this done in time - lots of stuff got in the way of painting this month - but crammed in a whole lot of work the past three nights or so.

I am claiming A faithful replica for these barricades - I stuck to GW's color scheme found here - picture from GW site below:

I am also claiming Take one for the team for painting four or more (here six) related miniatures in the same scheme.

I don't think there's any blending worth claiming the monthly challenge but let me know if you think i'm wrong there.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

I, schwein11, oath the following for June:

One GW Smasha Gun (Ork Mek Gun variant) with grot crew.

schwein11 fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jun 1, 2019

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

I’ve never been sicker (on multiple occasions) as an adult than the few times I’ve caught one of my kids’ nastier bugs brought home from school or what have you. The price we pay..

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Oath Complete

Claiming heavy damage for the June challenge with the rust, verdigris, and other weathering on the gun. I am not 100% happy with the rust, in particular on the white parts, and wonder what others think about it.

I probably could and should have spent more time on the grots, but I ran out of time to do so. I also tried out contrast paints on these grots (skin - which i then added layering from normal paints - and clothing and the wire tubing).

I also need to up my picture-taking game.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

ijyt posted:

Not seeing the stuff by NT Rabbit, Grizzled Patriarch, and some others like the fireplace.

I didn’t see mine either

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

I, schwein11, oath for July...

Four Ork Burna Boyz and a Spanner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Well work completely took over my life in July and as a result I didn’t get my oath done. Blah. Feels bad.