Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
As my very first Pokemon game and the first one I've ever beaten, Platinum holds a very special place in my heart. I love the Sinnoh look, I love all the starters, and I adore Barry as a rival. I'm glad you've started with Turtwig because I find the little grass turtle tends to be overlooked in favor of Chimchar and Piplup, at least in the circles I run in. Looking forward to seeing how you do in this game, and good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat

Simply Simon posted:

I'm not sure if I'm too tired for this sentence, but it doesn't scan for me. That also means I do not get what the problem actually is - could you clarify? I always like making fun of dumb design choices, but I just don't get it...

Basically, the meeting with Lucas used to occur when you exited the Cycling Road. But technically, that meeting could be subverted by getting the bike and going back to Oreburgh City through Floraroma Town and that whole area. So to keep you from missing the Vs. Seeker and Dowsing App, they put a person who would force you to go to Cycling Road. This prevented you from going to the Old Chateau until you had gone through Cycling Road, as well as cutting down all the trees in the areas you've already been in.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat

Procrastine posted:

I thought move evolutions happened the same level you learn the move, because you learn the move in battle and then the evolution check is at the end of the battle? Doesn't apply if you use rare candy, though. I don't think I've ever actually used a move evolution that learns it through level up rather than move relearner, so I could be wrong.

That is how it works, I believe. In order to get Eevee to evolve into Sylveon, the earliest it can do that is level 10 since it learns Baby Doll eyes at level 9. Unless it has an Egg move like Charm that's Fairy type, but that works in a similar way.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat

rannum posted:

When will Glaceon get the justice it deserves?
Platinum: Gym 7
HGSS: Not available at all (neither is Leafeon)
BW2: Post-game (Leafeon too)
XY: Gym 7
SM: victory road
USUM: It's still victory road but I am pointing it out because they added another magnetic area for Vikavolt/Probopass/Magnezone and extended the mountain area for Crabominable but did not do this

It's also only available in ORAS after the climax but that also applies to eevee as a whole so we'll give that a pass.

It's true. I've only been able to get access to Glaceon early in hacks or thanks to lucky Wondertrade. Which really sucks because Glaceon is actually a really cool pokemon and one of my favorites from the Eevelution line. I wish we got more early access to it and to other Ice types because they tend to be underutilized because they're accessed so late in the game after you've probably finished setting up with a final team.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat

mateo360 posted:

I got real lucky in this SZ. I encountered a shiny Budew (my first legit shiny) and I was able to catch it without it running away.

Congrats on that; Shiny catches in Safari Zones are always harder than actual catches. And the first legit shiny is always the best.