Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoner Sloth

he was always called Wally rather than Waldo here but sign me up OP - I'll smoke up a bit more first to add to the chanllege

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

yay! :) I found me and this is awesome!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Stoner Sloth

Goons Are Great posted:

Shall we just post when we believe we found one? Don't want to spoil the fun for others. Or maybe in spoilers?

got all three so far, they're all cleverly appropriate too :) I raelly like this idea too - good thread OP

Stoner Sloth

vanisher posted:

Still a few to go but i've got to take a little break thanks for following the thread friends!

thank you!! this is really awesome :beerpal: took me ages to find thingyman!

Stoner Sloth

take the moon posted:

this is stupid

yes, yes it is - don't know why the US changes names of things but there we are.

Stoner Sloth

take the moon posted:

ya sry that prolly came off as blunt. its just weird because here in canadia he is still waldo. it is a way more unique name. I don't know anyone named waldo irl.

sorry to blork up the thread. cant wait to play :hydrogen:

it's okay friend - think it's just canadia is closer to the US, on the other hand stralya was still very british culture-wise back then. Think it was Wally originally cause at the time Wally meant like a bit of a clumsy but well intentioned person.

lol - in looking a lil bit on google about this it sounds like they're making a new cartoon series of it too this year.

Stoner Sloth

Luvcow posted:

"this new spin on an old classic finds wally the serial killer hiding in various neighborhoods! can you find him before he claims more victims? can you find the severed heads and limbs of his victims!? truly a picture book for all ages, family friendly!"

also lol at manifisto's and farecoal's placements

I would totally watch that and also :agreed: excellent placement in general but those are particularly great!

Stoner Sloth

expert mode is great - they're both great and though it took awhile i found them all so far. Amazing work vanisher!

Stoner Sloth

yeah, they're certainly tricky.

Got there in the end but I love how you've made them hard to spot while fitting them naturally into the picture and still making them funny vanisher

and of course :five:

Stoner Sloth

Manifisto posted:

can I just say how much I love that in the complex one fluffieduckie has the broom and is like, "I'm going to clean up after all of you if it kills me"

yeah, that one made me laugh pretty hard too

Stoner Sloth

vanisher posted:

Gonna work on more easy mode ones tonight

you do good work friemb, goon speede!

Stoner Sloth

vanisher posted:

almost done with image 3!

Great work as always friend, still really enjoying this!

Stoner Sloth

vanisher posted:

Updated hosting to easyzoom, seems to work better for this kind of thing, updated the op- hope you enjoyed the thread!

(I might do some more?)

I hope you do cause they're really fun, thanks for this thread OP!

Stoner Sloth

vanisher posted:

haha okay i'll do it

I just need to find a new image that's good.

Also I'm going to go back and add Thunder Moose and FutonForensic

Yay!!! :peanut: ty vanisher, and also yay to have more frens to find!

Stoner Sloth

I like all three of them - if I had to pick one, at least first, I'd go the bottom one cause it's got a fair bit of variety, then the second one as second choice. First looks a bit sort of uniform but any of them would be good really - you seem to find awesome ways to fit the characters in :)

Stoner Sloth

Manifisto posted:

more to come? woohoo!! I agree about the third image, seems possibly the best for this purpose.

the easyzoom hosting works fine but unfortunately the zoom caps out. The plain old imgur image lets me zoom in further by default, and then I can zoom in even further using the "image zoom" browser extension. so as long as you continue providing both I guess everyone will be happy?

huh, i found it the opposite - imgur seems to only have two settings while I could scroll closer to easyzoom. :shrug: maybe I just suck at this gosh darn technology.

Stoner Sloth

lol but posted:

zooming in is in opposition to the spirit of the game IMO

well in that case imgur is probbly better from my perspective - it's what we've used up till now and it's only capable of making it just playable for me at least.

on thee one hand easy zoom does give an advantage imho, can zoom fully in as compared to just making it roughly full screen and probably smaller than the book.

but on the other hand there's probbly people who have diminishing eyesight given the median age of this dead, gay comedy website :shrug: tkae the moon pwas pretty hard to find last time on the previously standard settings?

lol had to confirm it with the current ones zoom in settings to make sure i'd got it right.

Stoner Sloth

vanisher posted:

I was having issues seeing it in the correct resolution on my phone, and the image auto fits the tables on PC, thats why I was looking for alternate hosting!

Idea: maybe I'll only put completed images on easyzoom and I'll leave the new one off it to make things more in the spirit of wheres waldo.

I reckon go with what's easiest for you - looks like most people are keeping it relatively zoomed out, and really they're only cheating themselves if they violate the sacred spirit of where's wally

Plus it's nice to go and zoom in after you've got them all just to better appreciate your awesome work mate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

Awesome work vanisher :) gonna sit down tonight and have lotsa fun finding hidden friends!

e: how rude of me, forgot to say ty mate!