Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
just bought game

act 1

scene 1

first prompt lets me pet doggo

10/10 game

e: gently caress nevermind

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 22:18 on May 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Hwurmp posted:

Hugo is definitely easier to like in French.

i found all of the main characters easier to like in french if for no other reason than their turns of phrase sound a lot more natural. french people making a french joke frenchly sounds a lot more 'right' than americans trying to sound french and make a french joke americanly.

the canned dialog also sounds better, even as someone who understands rudimentary french and doesn't interpret the words as gibberish. when used in english, Amicia will ask Hugo to do something and Hugo will go "yes!" in a really clipped way that nobody who speaks english has done in at least 200 years. but his french voice acting has him responding in a way a french person actually would so it doesn't slap me in the face quite as hard.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 19:39 on May 20, 2019