Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Brexit happen by 31 October 2019?
This poll is closed.
Yes - We'll fall out no deal in June 51 6.98%
Yes - Some kind of deal will be in place by October 26 3.56%
Yes - Technical Brexit (EU Flag has a gold fringe) 29 3.97%
No - There'll be a general election 77 10.53%
No - There'll be a #PeoplesVote 27 3.69%
No - Queen's dugs will stop it 11 1.50%
Other - Bah Gawd is that Sinn Fein's Music? 93 12.72%
gently caress Knows 264 36.11%
Piss Flaps 153 20.93%
Total: 731 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bundy posted:

https://twitter.com/NinpoUK/status/1123505681246584833

Check out the tweet Tom is replying to, I'm still dying :laffo:
https://twitter.com/thenickpepper/status/1123499665641680896

This is how authoritarianism starts. By voting for anti-authoritarians. Ignore the current PM and Home Sec. Ignore the hostile environment. Ignore every Blairite Home Secretary. Ignore the bans and prohibitions and actual voting records. Corbyn is going to make Diane Abbott Home Secretary and she'll ban being a white centrist. This is the real authoritarianism.

e: The Three Percenters (also styled 3%ers and III%ers) is an American militia organization who claim to be anti-authoritarian but are curiously selective.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 09:57 on May 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Jedit posted:

I don't know, I'm down to five Jews a day no problem.

That's still far too many Jews a day, comrade. You're at serious risk of circumcision.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Chucat posted:

Momentum actually did a video about this but I have no idea how the hell to find it. Especially since googling it leads to the obvious thing happening.

"momentum rothchilds" gets it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFGjIEcvP7Q

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

CoolCab posted:

"momentum rothchilds" gets it
I'd be worried that'd get me a bunch of alt-right poo poo, like I'm certain googling "momentum soros" would.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Guavanaut posted:

I'd be worried that'd get me a bunch of alt-right poo poo, like I'm certain googling "momentum soros" would.

nah, three copies of the momentum video were my entire suggested videos bar. some comrade must be doing some SEO.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Supposedly The Graduain reviewed Imperialism when it was released calling it 'important to the forming of social thought' lol.

Searching on my phone doesn't find it though so I'm going off the Amazon reviews....

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Someone should get a Labour affiliated group to do something like this and show that Labour aren't actually a massive Jew hating party just itching to get into power and kick off Holocaust II: The Nazis Strike Back.

Oh hang on... :thunk:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

lol i hope shouty irishman doesnt get milkshake ducked

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

namesake posted:

Supposedly The Graduain reviewed Imperialism when it was released calling it 'important to the forming of social thought' lol.

Searching on my phone doesn't find it though so I'm going off the Amazon reviews....

https://twitter.com/SolHughesWriter/status/1123507568750493696?s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol

https://twitter.com/infoism/status/1123514997911453696?s=19

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
The Guardian managed to not lose money the last FY, breaking years of tradition...

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 10:40 on May 1, 2019

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

The Guardian, Sep 2015 posted:

At [Corbyn's] Nottingham rally someone thrust into my hand a copy of JA Hobson’s influential classic, Imperialism (1902) whose 2011 edition contains Jeremy’s own perfectly decent introductory essay. Its analysis will impress many. Others will shake their heads.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
lmao :perfect:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Seems perfectly hinged from the thumbnail. What's with the youtube trend of angry men shouting at their phones in the car?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Seems perfectly hinged from the thumbnail. What's with the youtube trend of angry men shouting at their phones in the car?

'tis a joke kathleen!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Sorry, I've just got word coming in that shout Irishman hates 'the queers'. He's already done.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Joe Queer should never have said all that racist poo poo.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The entire British establishment, who previously have been defending statues of slavers and imperialists on the grounds that it is History, are now shocked to hear that 19th Century writers didn't like the Jews.

Shut it down lads, they got us.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Well women's athletics is hosed

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1123528074581168128

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's that right wing sci-fi about equality gone mad stu where fast people have to wear weights to slow them down, except it's not radical egalitarians, it's people with Legitimate Concerns about testicles doing it.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Pablo Bluth posted:

The Guardian managed to not lose money the last FY, breaking years of tradition...

I've never lost a cat because I don't have any cats

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1123529034917347329?s=19

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Guavanaut posted:

It's that right wing sci-fi about equality gone mad stu where fast people have to wear weights to slow them down, except it's not radical egalitarians, it's people with Legitimate Concerns about testicles doing it.

When you're losing the moral high ground to loving aussie rules football it might be time to give up.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lmao

https://twitter.com/davidmklemperer/status/1123524502888046592?s=19

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Gonzo McFee posted:

The entire British establishment, who previously have been defending statues of slavers and imperialists on the grounds that it is History, are now shocked to hear that 19th Century writers didn't like the Jews.

Shut it down lads, they got us.

Again the issue is why you’d put your name anywhere near it.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Hentai Jihadist posted:

I don't know what this means.

Has anyone actually watched it? It's a piss take of the people calling Corbyn racist/anti-semitic.

"HE EVEN HAS A WHITE BEARD KATHLEEN" is loving funny. :colbert:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

I have some bad news to tell you about Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels, George Orwell and almost every writer since before 1939.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Bundy posted:

I don't know what this means.

Has anyone actually watched it? It's a piss take of the people calling Corbyn racist/anti-semitic.

"HE EVEN HAS A WHITE BEARD KATHLEEN" is loving funny. :colbert:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milkshake_Duck

i'm not even sure if it's an Extremely Online term anymore - perhaps it's that we're in an Extremely Online reality

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Regarde Aduck posted:

Because it's a significant book, and even if some parts of it are antisemitic it isn't regarded as "an antisemitic work".

I'd be honoured to write a foreword to The World as Will and Representation, even though Schopenhauer was an antisemite and even though the work does contain some poo poo that's not the central thrust of the work. A good foreword would take care to contextualize the negative comments about Jews in the work as a combination of views of the time, legitimate criticism of the Protestant dogma and Abrahamic religion in general, and Art being a bit of a dick. That shouldn't stain the writer of the foreword as an antisemite any more than Gordon Brown is a big Scottish racist because of writing a foreword to Adam Smith.

I would not, otoh, be honoured to write a foreword to Why We Are Anti-Semites by A. Hitler, because that is the central thrust of the work, and it has no redeeming features save for cautionary ones.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Guavanaut posted:

otoh he saved the families from a lifetime of debt for baby saving, so maybe the insurance companies are the real baby murderers.

you think their health insurance plan doesn't come with a dead baby fee?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
(((Sonic)))

discuss

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
Remember when Northamptonshire's Tory run council went bankrupt? The plan to replace the county council with two new unitary authorities also means that they were regrettably forced to cancel the local elections this year. I'm sure Democracy Respecter Theresa May was devastated that the will of the people could not be heard.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I can't wait for all these antisemitism authorities to pounce on Boris Johnson's shakespeare book if it ever comes out

oh boy oh boy

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

(((Sonic)))

discuss

Too Fast for the Naked Goy.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

(((Sonic)))

discuss

https://www.haaretz.com/make-way-for-hedgehogs-1.5269817

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

Like, do not be this guy:

I'm sorry, are they implying that literally the Queen, the head of the Anglican Church is Jewish? :shobon: Is the Pope Jewish too?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

I can't wait for all these antisemitism authorities to pounce on Boris Johnson's shakespeare book if it ever comes out

oh boy oh boy

Or his several books on Churchill where I think he managed to entirely miss the 3 million odd Indians he callously starved to death.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Can the pissflaps ban be lifted? I'd like to engage with this off Twitter in a more suitable forum:
https://twitter.com/psflaps/status/1123533565009059840

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Bundy posted:

Can the pissflaps ban be lifted? I'd like to engage with this off Twitter in a more suitable forum:
https://twitter.com/psflaps/status/1123533565009059840

loving no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

(((Sonic)))

discuss

April 30th is traditionally celebrated in Sweden by gathering sticks and stuff during spring into big heaps, and then lighting big bonfires. Sadly, hedgehogs often mistake them for great cosy hedgehog lairs, so the tradition's thoroughly ruined for me, even with my barely-in-control pyromaniac tendencies and the roasting of hedgehogs being incidental rather than deliberate. They're just so cute with their noses and little paws and gentle, charcoal eyes, I can't stand the thought of them getting hurt