Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Requesting thread title amendment to “Its the May 2019 Cat Thread”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

bolind posted:

And while the cork is off the bottle of rant, why is everybody at work incompetent? I'm getting a leeeetle bit tired of fixing poo poo, explaining poo poo, discovering that wrong poo poo has been done/ordered and fixing it, making sure A is done before B because the other way around is physically impossible... rrrrrgh.

Oh my god, I hear you on this one. Somedays...

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

QuarkMartial posted:

I only ask because my family did the whole "penguin painting" thing aaaaand it was awful and we regret it tremendously because of how the penguin was treated.

Try using an oil based paint next time, the penguin will hold more paint and you’ll get a better stroke.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

QuarkMartial posted:

So, you get your ticket and you and your family are taken to a semi-private room. There's portholes where people walking by can look in at your fun experience. The penguin is brought in on a little red wagon, looks happy and content, and then that's where everything goes to poo poo. The handler lays down garbage bags to cover the floor, squirts paint on them (you get to pick the colors, at least), and then takes the penguin, sticks its feet in the paint, then stamps them on the canvas in a manner not unlike a rubber stamp. Our concern over the wellbeing of this animal and having participated in something downright terrible washed over us, and we asked the handler, "Does the penguin...enjoy that?" "Well," he responded after getting snapped at by the penguin, "they put up with it." Which to us read as, "Hell loving no they don't enjoy it."

Goddamn. I did not think I'd hit so close to home with my joke :stare:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Wonder if thats the one stolen from my boss a few weeks ago. Was it second hand?

edit: rereading it seems like you got a steal on a new one, nice score!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Nope not new. Second hand from a camera store. It's still a looooong way below the 10000AUD you see them on Gumtree for

Hmm, seems unlikely it would have traveled from Melbourne to Sydney but that price really is too good to be true. Sadly the Sony range doesn't seem to embed the camera's serial number into the EXIF data like some other brands do.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Queen Combat posted:

In, uh, car news, I may have to sell the crown vic to make rent

PM me your PayPal/whatever address. It won’t be major but I’ll help in what way I can. You’re a good person and you shouldn’t have to give up reliable transport to live.

^^^ or whatever hivegoonmind comes up with

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
The Swordfish may have been considered obsolete in 1939 but it somehow outlasted more than one intended replacement and sunk a greater tonnage of Axis shipping than any other Allied aircraft.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Suburban Dad posted:

Naming cars is weird. :colbert:

My car is called Beryl. Fight me. :nixon:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Further to TV chat, we got a Sony 50 (or 55, I don’t remember) at a Boxing Day sale last year. It’s got AndroidTV built in and I’ve honestly been very impressed with it. I really like being able to walk into the house, open Spotify/YouTube/whatever on my phone and have the TV turn on without having to find a remote or push anything else. I think smart TV’s have come a very long way in the last 5 years.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Wagons are always better.

In other news, heres a very silly, fun song about AI's favourite megalomaniac. It's been stuck in my head for days.

Elon Musk is making me sad

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Well, the headline is awful, and I can't condone theft, but someone is driving around in my dream car.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-16/german-police-hunt-car-thief-who-took-off-withn-ferrari-288-gto/11117822

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

STR posted:

I'm hoping this interview went as well as I think it did.

Good luck! Nothing like a slightly scary new job to help you grow (and hopefully grow your income). Just remember - everyone else is making it up as they go too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

LordOfThePants posted:

I'm not a frequent poster here but I have a story from my day today I figured you guys would appreciate.

When I'm driving my C7 I'll occasionally try and pick my niece (who's 9) up from school because she always gets a kick out of it and the other kids like seeing my car. Due to my work schedule I hadn't been able to do that yet this year and they're almost out of school for the year so I moved stuff around to make it happen today.

It was a big hit of course, and on the way home she realizes (despite riding in the car many, many times), that there's no back seat. This was the following exchange -

"What kind of car only has one row of seating?"

"The most fun kind kiddo"

:stoked:

Kids are great, especially when you only do fun activities with them. I’ve been sick & busy so I haven’t seen my nephew in ages. I need to fix that!