Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

T-Square posted:

Can I rant about how garbage all of our shipping is in the US?
gently caress DHL. It took me a week to get a signature required package from them because they missed delivery dates and lied about attempting to deliver my package. I worked from home multiple days to try and be there for the delivery but DHL kept loving up. The nearest DHL depot was 3 hours away but in retrospect it would have been a better use of my time to go get the loving thing than have them deliver it to me.

Now that I'm in an apartment I don't want anything left at my door but everyone but USPS seems to want to drop stuff off at my door anyway. FedEx and UPS seem to have finally started following the delivery instructions in my account but it took a month. Amazon's own delivery people do not give a single gently caress though. They leave everything at my apartment door, even if it's signature required, despite having delivery instructions with my address in my Amazon account telling them to leave it at the office. Yesterday they left a package in front of someone else's door (they have a picture of it sitting on a welcome mat and I don't have one of those.) So now I have to convince the Amazon chat bot that my package is in fact gone forever and I would like something done about it. There doesn't seem to be any 'package is missing' option just 'this single item wasn't included' so that's obnoxious. I might have to have them call me. I guess everything from Amazon will be going to a storage locker now. Also for some reason Amazon can deliver stuff to my apartment in a day but it takes two days to deliver stuff to one of their lockers which seems backwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

STR posted:

Have them call you, tell them you didn't get your package; they'll create a replacement order. Then ask to speak to logistics customer service (you may have to go through a few different CSRs before you get one that understands that yes, AMZL does have customer-facing CSRs). (a) you'll get someone that's a native English speaker when you speak with logistics CS, and (b) you can express your frustration with instructions being ignored, and it WILL count against the drivers doing that.

I did this when I got home today and it pretty much went like you described. Of course like 10 minutes after I got my refund (~30 hours after the package was delivered) the person that got my package showed up and gave it to me. I haven't decided if it's worth the hassle to contact Amazon again to try and give back the refund.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

IBU is also just a bitterness measurement and has little to do with hop flavor.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Fermented Tinal posted:

If you smoke cigars the bugs will leave you alone.

I like where this is going but I think the floating rave could use substantially more smoke to really set it off. Though actual smoke might not really work unless the wind is correct. Maybe handfuls of dry ice pellets thrown ahead of the canoe?

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

I moved from central IL to a bit west of Portland which is about 2,100 miles. I budgeted two days and planned on splitting it about it half. Unfortunately I only made it ~450 miles to Lincoln Nebraska before I had to stop due to a Blizzard. It was still pretty bad out in the morning and it took something like 6 hours to get 200 some miles west and escape the weather. I decided to make up as much time as I could and just sleep at a rest stop when needed. I made it to Idaho before I started getting tired but washing my face and organzing my car so I could sleep woke me up enough (and I couldn't get even slightly comfortable) that I couldn't sleep so I just continued on. Just inside the Oregon border I got into another blizzard and the 50 or so miles through the mountains took several hours. Things only improved a bit for the next ~200 miles until I get to Portland. I arrived on time but the 1,600 miles that should have taken less than 24 hours ended up taking like 32 hours.

Overall, 3/10 trip (the views in Wyoming before the sun went down made up for a lot) but I no longer live in the midwest so it was all worth it.