Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Bonaventure posted:

in the film "High Spirits"-- the one with Peter O'Toole and Steve Guttenberg (of the Stonecutters song from The Simpsons) that they used to show all the time on Comedy Central in the mid to late 90s --having sex with a ghost enfleshens it and turns it into a living person. this raises a pertinent question: is it the cum that does this? does cum have the power of resurrection in the Highspiritsverse? is it just Steve Guttenberg's cum, and can he monetize it?

That happens irl too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

JfishPirate posted:

This seems like a textbook necromantic bond to me, in a very explicit way. Hopefully Toy Story 4 will explore more of the macabre ritual involved in a toy's animation, particularly with the new spork character.

What textbook I have some things I wanna look up

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

General Dog posted:

So in the Toy Story Universe, can a human corpse be a toy? And if so, will it have the same personality that the person had in life, or is it whatever personality that's projected onto it by the child?

The kids don’t project the personalities, cause the dinosaur is always a cool mean T. rex when the kid plays with him but a comical nebbish on his own

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Shrecknet posted:

This is literally true for every family in every movie. Sarah Connor is a different person at the end of Terminator; Chief Brody is a different person at the end of JAWS. Hell, I would argue the defining element of a good movie is that the characters change by the end.

You’re being intentionally obtuse, normal character development doesn’t include having your memories erased and your entire upbringing changed

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lol forums cancer still exists?