Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

counterpoint: don't give money to google

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lomarf

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:pram:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
this timeline sucks rear end

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

in case someone is wondering mozilla forgot to renew the cert on the add-on verification service that they forced every add-on to use

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

what the christ

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
drat. this all really seems like a "fire fail"!!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Silver Alicorn posted:

this timeline sucks the llama's rear end

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Just go into about:config and set xpinstall.signatures.required to false.

Im a huge nerd and I expect everyone to know to do things like this

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Blockade posted:

Just go into about :config and set xpinstall.signatures.required to false.

this also doesn't work on windows or osx unless you're using nightly builds, but you're a huge nerd, so of course you are

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

infernal machines posted:

this also doesn't work on windows or osx unless you're using nightly builds, but you're a huge nerd, so of course you are

turn on youre monuitor

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Blockade posted:

You mean your google search brought you to my post detailing this on the previous page.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

for me the problem fixed itself the following morning, i still don't know why it fixed itself and that leaves me feeling vaguely concerned

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

for me the problem fixed itself the following morning, i still don't know why it fixed itself and that leaves me feeling vaguely concerned

that means you are enrolled in mozilla's studies program where they gently caress with you are settings and report back your data to do semi-involuntary a b testing

e: they have a blog post where they say they fixed it, but you have to turn studies on

HoboMan fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 5, 2019

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

ah, so i am. was sure i'd missed something, and there it is. Thanks :cheers:

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

mine's still busted with studies on :rip:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ciaphas posted:

day 87 : car is now making a weird scraping noise

day 146 : noise is now gone. problem is fixed

mate problems always solve themselves don’t feel bad

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

jony neuemonic posted:

mine's still busted with studies on :rip:

blog post also says something like "it can take up to 6 hours for you to receive the update after turning studies on"

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

66.0.4 is out on release channel and includes a fix for it, regardless of 'studies' option

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXwGVXD7qEQ

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

this thread title is extremely rude and offensive

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
i have firefox on my computer but I haven’t even used my computer since everything went wrong. wouldn’t have even known if it weren’t for all the complaints.

i feel like this would have been a much bigger deal in 2008. you know, back when people actually used computers and something other than chrome.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

fart simpson posted:

this thread title is extremely rude and offensive

firefucks given: 0

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

my work computer is no longer protected by ublock origin, thanks firefucks

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

no one else uses that hosts file which null routes a lot of known adservers in addition to ublock

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

isn’t that pihole

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

giving this a try, thx

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

fart simpson posted:

isn’t that pihole

they probably use this list and have a nice ui around how much traffic you've blocked

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

Been using this for years. It also helps to block tracking and telemetry in software that's not a browser, such as games.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Share Bear posted:

they probably use this list and have a nice ui around how much traffic you've blocked

they track how much traffic u block?!?
🚨 :siren: 🚨 WARNING! WARNING! ILLEGAL TRACKING ⚠️

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

oh man that shock site list

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

real truth here: i literally only just parsed "goatse.cx" as "goatsex" after looking at that host list

iirc the first time i got goatse'd it was by someone at school that said it "goat see dot see ecks" and i guess that was it :downs:

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i removed blocking goatse from that host files poo poo before because i wanna see the goatman dammit

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
yeah, the goatman is not a shock image. it's a picture of an old friend

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

lol it can also break like ebay and a bunch of other legit sites. nice idea tho

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it’s good and not bad and block all *adobe* too for good measure e

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

real truth here: i literally only just parsed "goatse.cx" as "goatsex" after looking at that host list

iirc the first time i got goatse'd it was by someone at school that said it "goat see dot see ecks" and i guess that was it :downs:

takes a big man to admit this in 2019

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I thought this was the new tesla thread

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

fart simpson posted:

takes a big man to admit this in 2019

I mean there is no goat involved so....

Imagine if there was though :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Share Bear posted:

itll parse that and a bunch of other lists as well as regex now that they forked and extended dnsmasq. either a pihole or hosts if the machine supports it are my preference because

Stick Insect posted:

It also helps to block tracking and telemetry in software that's not a browser, such as games.

the amount of telemetry and unnecessary behavior tracking from settop and streaming boxes is impressive. every video service is hungry for data but especially any tied to netowrk or cable channels