Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

closer than the commentators said it was. canelo by 3 or 4 probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

good judging

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Solid fight, Alvarez was in control for most of it and Jacobs was never able to build enough momentum to really take it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I don’t mean this in a xenophobic way but you think this guy would speak half decent English by now.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The longer you box the worse your language skills get tbh

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

The longer you box the worse your language skills get tbh

This is a very fair point

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don’t mean this in a xenophobic way but you think this guy would speak half decent English by now.

He learned some English a while back but was embarrassed about how he sounded so he stopped trying to use it in interviews and such.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbCebtEPfE8

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
https://twitter.com/dc_mma/status/1124897752616296450?s=19

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

You know it’s bad when both guys have belts but the PBP guy keeps referring to one of them as “the champ”

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I watched with the Spanish language broadcast which was way better since I don’t speak Spanish

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

I watched with the Spanish language broadcast which was way better since I don’t speak Spanish

Same except sky TV and British english

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

whoever offers commentary free coverage first is going to clean up in the ratings

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Most people probably like having commentary

I know this is an obvious thing to say, but still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
I thought the fight was a draw or maybe 115-113 Alvarez. I wasn't particularly impressed with Canelo for the purported #3 pound for pound fighter in the world. He gets hit a lot and seems incapable of winning fights decisively at the elite level. Jacobs, Lara, and the GGG fights were all close and probably half of them should be losses. I have an uneasy feeling when watching a Canelo fight that the scorecards have already been written.

That said he probably beats either Andrade or Golovkin. Andrade has never been able to put it all together and Golovkin is 37 and looked worse in the second Canelo fight than he did in the first (which he won clearly).