Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Can you believe BioWare made a DS-only Sonic RPG? That poo poo's still wild.

*glances at Mass Effect and Anthem*

.. yes. Yes I absolutely can believe that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean to give Penders a small amount of credit, 2005 was one year before:

this. One could assume Sega was perfectly fine with weird melodrama poo poo in their Sonic games!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Veotax posted:

I love the opening paragraph of that interview claiming that "few people have had as big of an impact on Sonic the Hedgehog" as Penders. In America maybe? Were the Penders-era comics even widely available outside of the US? I know that was before digital sales were a thing.

None of his characters appeared in any games or cartoons while Tangle and Whisper at least got to make an appearance in a mobile game.

Hell, I didn't even know the Archie comics existed until some cover scans and one issue were included with Sonic Gems Collection or something on the Gamecube. I was very confused when I saw them, since they weren't the comics I remembered growing up with in the UK.

To be fair the Bioware Sonic game did basically file the serial numbers off his Echidna villains

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Robot Style posted:

It's very generous to assume Bioware was actually digging into some of the source material rather than just dusting off their standard KOTOR / Mass Effect / Dragon Age "Ancient something or other returns to cause trouble" plot and calling it a day.

I mean they had SWAT Bots and Chili Dogs so they at least did a cursory glance.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hello please buy GreenSonic.jpg for 100k.