Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Too busy waiting by the phone for someone to inquire about the rights to the Lara-Su cinematic universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Hexmage-SA posted:

So Screen Rant, for some reason, did an interview with Ken Penders in which he revealed he not only intends for his The Lara-Su Chronicles to be seven books, but that he wants his son and grandchildren to turn his glorified fanfic into a generations-spanning franchise.

I'm now concerned that Penders and his son are trying to groom his grandchildren into carrying on his "legacy".

You gotta link it; it's hilarious

https://screenrant.com/ken-penders-sonic-comics-lara-su-chronicles-interview/

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Billy Gnosis posted:

How did the interviewer not start laughing?

Also love the "art" sprinkled through it.

K'Nox

From reading the interview, I got the impression that the interviewer loves what Penders did on Sonic, and is quite the fan.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Saw this Bucky O'Hare action figure, and why does it look like a Ken Penders character?

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/54507

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

HAHA x a million

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Robot Style posted:

Before Tyson Hesse was brought on the first movie, the prologue with Sonic's backstory had big "we Chaos microwaved the baby" energy. I don't know what they're doing for the sequel, but some of the locations in the trailer don't look dissimilar from the original setting of the first movie's prologue, so if they're reusing any of those ideas for Knuckles I could see Penders throwing a fit.

I genuinely don't know Sonic lore, so would it be a case "Ken's mad because they're using his ideas!" or "Ken's mad because they're tossing out his ideas!"?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

if he is stupid enough to file another lawsuit he would get owned by expensive corporate lawyers and the very fragile win he got from archie would be obliterated lmao

Apparently someone isn't taking into consideration the billions he's about to make off of his NFTs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I hope he keeps doing this; whenever some piece of media enters pop culture he comes out and says "I was totally planning to do the same thing if I had stayed on Sonic!"