Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ManlyGrunting posted:

In a way yes, but in another far more existential way no

Ken Penders everybody!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I for one am shocked that somebody very insistent that a cartoon squirrel girl lost her virginity to a cartoon squirrel man twice her age is A ok with rape.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Redeye Flight posted:

It is worth noting, though, that Penders didn't quit (according to him, and there's actually no real reason to disbelieve it) because of staff or writing disagreements. By hearsay, Sega was ridiculously difficult for the comic to work with in the pre-Ian Flynn period due to their not giving a poo poo, which is part of why the comic got so loving out there. When told to write a Sonic Adventure tie-in, Sega refused to provide them with a copy of the game. They had to go buy one themselves and get cover artist Pat Spaziante to play it. This exact same thing apparently happened with Sonic Adventure 2 as well, and when it then happened for a third time with the Shadow the Hedgehog game, that was the final straw. And in that I can't blame him. Ironically they would become much more closely involved with the comic just after he left, because of finally noticing just how far out into left field it had gone.

Sega's staggering incompetence continues to baffle and delight me.

While Penders is a compete weirdo he's honestly a symptom. He would not have been able to do any of this with a competently run comic run