Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Good Listener posted:

Has Penders ever actually done anything with his lovely comic or is it just a never ending "COMING SOON GUYS (PLEASE GIVE ME MONEY AND ATTENTION)" ?

Every few months he'll tweet "I have just about finalized the [menu design]/[graphics]/[programming] for my Lara-Su app. Here is the same preview page I showed last time."
Same for once a year tweeting "I'm working on the final touch-up of the [color correction]/[audio]/[opening logo] of The Republic" about the live actions series he filmed like 10 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

juggalo baby coffin posted:

why does the thing have hair on top of hair?

Ken's interpretation of the echidnaEchyd'nya quills is that they're weird meat tendrils instead of keratin. This also leads to characters like Julie-Su having prosthetic robot hair.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Davros1 posted:

From reading the interview, I got the impression that the interviewer loves what Penders did on Sonic, and is quite the fan.

The same author has another article about how the comics benefitted from Penders, and were ruined when Ian Flynn made them in-line with the Sega interpretations instead of sticking to the Penders style of writing. So yeah.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

I have to wonder if him throwing out NFTs of Scourge/Anti-Sonic, Green Knuckles, Robo-Robotnik, and "Julie-Su AKA Shade" as his first actual potential money makers is him trying to bait Sega into taking him to court themselves over the large theoretical sum. Since his own attempted lawsuits against Sega & EA over Dark Brotherhood were dismissed multiple times meaning he currently has no legal claim to Shade, and the others are the ones most obviously derivative of Sega's brand even if he did win in Archie's case.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

The Archie one always gets me. They had copies of contracts but those weren’t admissible for some reason.

IIRC Basically Ken just vehemently denied ever signing them, the original copies were lost in a fire, and so they couldn't prove they didn't photoshop his signature onto them. Even though it's improbable that everyone else that worked there signed it and only Ken had thee problem of avoiding them, working anyway, and getting forged ones later. The case was kinda stalled for a long time with the judge just being exasperated, and Sega declining to send in their own direct legal representative. Hence the ending in a settlement that Ken owned the scripts he wrote, but Archie also rebooting so they wouldn't have to pay him royalties.